Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2023 12:18:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Law-Dog-324]
I purchased one of the Kiger 9C a couple of weeks ago due to the fact that Kiger is my last name, my badge number was 324 3+2+4 =9 and I am a retired County police officer.

Fun Fact: a couple of my buddies thought I had a custom made gun when I showed it to them, "wow, it's got your name engraved on it"

Just to set the record straight, I have never been a big Glock fan, I shoot Sigs, FN and S&W, only carried S&W during my 21 years in law enforcement.

I was able to get it out to the range the next day and was presently surprised at how well it shoots. I ended up running 400 rounds 124g FMJ and 147 FMJ through it. and it function flawlessly for the most part. I will clarify, as I purchased additional mags with the KIGER 9C.

3 more 15 round Magpuls (it came with one)
1 17 round Magpul
1 27 round Magpul

I had 2 FTF while shooting the 27 and have not had a chance to try it again, other wise no issues. I will try to update the 27 round next time out.

I did find myself milking the grip slightly with my primary drill being a triple tap on paper, but I did have some good times on the steel with no misses.

For me one of the most impressive things about this gun is how cheap it is to up grade / add features to. I bought 5 mags for what it would cost for 1 1/2 mags for my Sig.

In the end I would have bought this if I couldn't hit the the broad side of a barn while standing inside of it due to the name, but now having shoot it, I'll take it to a gun fight!

Will it out gun my Sig X5, NO, but it's a tricked out 2.5 lbs trigger, blaster!

I put the Kiger on my trigger gauge and it came in right around 5lbs straight out of the box no cleaning or lube. The trigger has some creep and drag but when it hits the wall it's good with a short reset. I have not shoot a stock Glock for such a long time, I can't honestly say how it compares.

Just my opinion, you can spend a lot more money and not get any better or as good of a pistol as the Kiger 9C, It's a gen 3 clone, with a gen 5 type barrel that all the parts fit, with a better grip and features you would end up adding to the Glock 19.

Is it going to replace My Sig P365 12 rd twins as my everyday carry, NO. It may travel with me during the winter when I'm dressed heavier or the situation allows some more bulk.

Just for reference, no brag. I am a state certified LEO pistol instructor, Top Gun award on the department, and NRA Pistol Master when I retired.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the mini review.

I’ve yet to see one of those in the wild. Curious about them, one of the cooler looking cheap Glock clones imo for some reason
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two daggers and my sct frame is consistently liked more at the range. The locking block shifting I read about has me a little concerned. Monitoring that moving forward.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:59:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#3]
Thanks for the review as I haven’t seen much on the Kiger 9.  I have a Dagger and two Combat Armory frames I mated to slides with RDS, a 9 and a 22 LR.   I really like the Combat Armory frames but I have several Glock pistols.   I carried S&W revolvers and semi autos till my agency transitioned to Glock in 2000.   I only have one MagPul 15 round mag that shipped with my Dagger but bought Glock mags for extras.  I’ve mostly shot my Dagger with the MagPul but my Dagger has been 100% reliable.   Glock mags can be found for $25 or less which is better than the price of some other pistol brands.

I bought Glock 19 Gen 5 mags to use with my Dagger as I like the orange follower.  CDNN has these Glock fifteen round mags for $22.99.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/glock-19-15rd-9mm-5th-gen-magazine-black.html
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing for nothing but magshack is having a sale on gen 5 g19 mags. $21.99. I bought lancers and an upLula on sale.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a complete Kiger (SCT) lower for $100.  Put on a Dagger optic cut slide and an AIM TiN barrel.  Suckered runs good and the frame is way better than my Gen4 G19.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It appears that Anderson is already coming out with another versions of the Kiger 9C.

On their web site they are showing two more models of the pistol, the Kiger 9C pro and the Kiger 9C pro SR. Just from the specks both will have RMR optic cut slides with skeletonized slide to reduce the weight and a fluted barrel. The SR version (suppressor Ready) will have a threaded barrel and suppressor height sites. It seems the the pro also has the suppressor height  sites as well, allowing you to co witness with the RMR.

Looks like the MSRP is just over $500.00 but the actual selling price should be a little less. Both models show out of stock right now, but I suspect the will be in stores soon.

I had no plans on anymore, but this may change that thought.

Link Posted: 12/14/2023 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice review.  I found a deal online for a complete frame... so have some on the way.  I may make it a 40SW or a 357 Sig... not sure.  But I also have some old Mech Tech CCUs that are for a G19 frame....
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 5:35:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kaliburz] [#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EncoreGolf:
I bought a complete Kiger (SCT) lower for $100.  Put on a Dagger optic cut slide and an AIM TiN barrel.  Suckered runs good and the frame is way better than my Gen4 G19.
View Quote

Place I found a place that sold a complete lower for $69.00.... needless to say, a few are headed my way...
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw where SCT is releasing a Glock 17 size frame.  The picture I saw looked pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 4:16:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
I saw where SCT is releasing a Glock 17 size frame.  The picture I saw looked pretty good.
View Quote

Aim Surplus has been selling them for a month or two.  

Black, gray, FDE and ODG.

https://aimsurplus.com/search?qs=SCT17&g=&category=null&filter=&sort_by=best&pagesize=24&page=1&mode=search
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top