Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/14/2023 8:20:09 PM EDT
Introducing the 80X Cheetah

80X

13+1 plus optics ready
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:24:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seven-Shooter] [#1]
I thought I was done buying guns, and then this comes out.

I will absolutely buy one, specially for my dad who is heavy into .380 but needs more than just an LCP for HD.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow. Did anyone see that coming?
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Dam I want one
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tombo192192:
Dam I want one
View Quote

Metoo
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
So 380 isn’t dead?! Since the Rona plandemic it seemed like it will be. Wow, like it!
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Dear Beretta,

STOP MAKING EVERYTHING WITH A VERTEC FRAME, SHOW SOME OF US OG BERETTA FANS SOME LOVE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

Sincerely,

Someone who thinks the Vertec frame is ugly, doesn’t shoot it better than a normal frame, and doesn’t want to be limited to the three or less aftermarket wrap-around options.

Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raygixxer89] [#7]
Originally Posted By AZYoungGun:
Dear Beretta,

STOP MAKING EVERYTHING WITH A VERTEC FRAME, SHOW SOME OF US OG BERETTA FANS SOME LOVE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

Sincerely,

Someone who thinks the Vertec frame is ugly, doesn’t shoot it better than a normal frame, and doesn’t want to be limited to the three or less aftermarket wrap-around options.

View Quote

This. I think the new frames are ugly as sin. I'm glas I bought all of the Cheetahs that I need for my collection. Well, except for the 86, 87 and 89.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

This. I think the new frames are ugly as sin. I'm glas I bought all of the Cheetahs that I need for my collection. Well, except for the 86, 87 and 89.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:
Originally Posted By AZYoungGun:
Dear Beretta,

Sincerely,

Someone who thinks the Vertec frame is ugly, doesn't shoot it better than a normal frame, and doesn't want to be limited to the three or less aftermarket wrap-around options.

Agreed.  The new 80X is hideous.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I myself love the vertec frames but I have short fingers so it actually helps me on the 92. It definitely doesn’t improve the lines.

As I’ve never even seen an 80 series in person I can’t say if it would help or not.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Normal frame and .32 ACP version and would’ve had a fantastic suppressor host.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
Normal frame and .32 ACP version and would’ve had a fantastic suppressor host.
View Quote

how close are the 81 and 84? Can't do much about the frame, but if a barre,l mag, and maybe a spring swap can get you shooting 32, 1 out of two isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Somebody could have faked me out big time just by saying "Have you seen the new Beretta 84 Cheetah reissue and the changes they made?"

...because I obviously would have assumed they worked out a mini locking block, chambered it in 9x19mm, and dovetailed the sights.

I would have bought one and carried it every day!

I came across the pics first though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:00:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Details on the NEW Beretta 80X Cheetah .380 Pistol [SHOT Show 2023]

Sweet little shooter.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Very cool. Expensive, but cool.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m excited about it. I already own an 81 and an 85.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:

how close are the 81 and 84? Can't do much about the frame, but if a barre,l mag, and maybe a spring swap can get you shooting 32, 1 out of two isn't too bad.
View Quote

Looks like a new design so no backwards compatibility. Looks like .32 has been discussed though.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?55770-New-Beretta-80X-Cheetah/page4
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, this is interesting. Wonder if they'll ever come out with a G version. I'm not opposed to picking up an 80X for CCW, but I'm not sure I'd like the idea of having a safety there as all my 92-series guns are G models.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Looks like a new design so no backwards compatibility.
View Quote

WOW... absolutely crazy that a new proprietary magazine enters the world... with no advantage over it's predecessor other than it fits a Vertec-ish frame.

I thought this would never happen again after everyone finished laughing at FN for inventing a new magazine for their new Hi Power...
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I don’t like that they changed the mag, And thats a very expensive pistol. Cool but not for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Ef4life:
I don’t like that they changed the mag, And thats a very expensive pistol. Cool but not for me.
View Quote

This.

Great that they've come out with something new but it's not for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I like it a lot myself.  I think the $250 premium for the “launch edition” is pretty dumb though.  Beretta doesn’t need to follow Sig’s pattern of stupidity.

I’d like to see one that matches the M9A3/A4 FDE colors but I’ll settle for the basic black if they get too crazy on price.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Kalashnikev101:

WOW... absolutely crazy that a new proprietary magazine enters the world... with no advantage over it's predecessor other than it fits a Vertec-ish frame.

I thought this would never happen again after everyone finished laughing at FN for inventing a new magazine for their new Hi Power...
View Quote

One good difference from FN is that Beretta doesn’t charge an arm and a leg for magazines. FN mags are about twice the cost of any Beretta mag.

I can justify this as a premium carry gun, which by all accounts it seems to be.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

One good difference from FN is that Beretta doesn't charge an arm and a leg for magazines. FN mags are about twice the cost of any Beretta mag.

I can justify this as a premium carry gun, which by all accounts it seems to be.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Originally Posted By Kalashnikev101:

One good difference from FN is that Beretta doesn't charge an arm and a leg for magazines. FN mags are about twice the cost of any Beretta mag.

And Beretta continues to support firearms they haven't made in a while, or at least stocks magazines for them.  FN randomly and frequently discontinues firearms with no warning, then acts as though it never existed.

Granted, the most expensive pistol mags I ever purchased were for my Beretta 81BB, but they were still there to be purchased.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I kinda wanted one until I realized how big it was.    Dimensionally, it's very similar in size to my 8040F Cougar.

I know an LCP Max will recoil more, but it costs about half as much and is lighter/ smaller in every dimension.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ryu:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2geagiFr_MM

Sweet little shooter.
View Quote

Doesn't look snappy like some other .380s on the market.

I personally don't see a reason to get a Cheetah, considering the size of the gun, when one can handle 9mm.

I suppose for those that can't deal with 9mm (like my old-ass neighbor), it's a great choice.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CherokeeGunslinger:

Doesn't look snappy like some other .380s on the market.

I personally don't see a reason to get a Cheetah, considering the size of the gun, when one can handle 9mm.

I suppose for those that can't deal with 9mm (like my old-ass neighbor), it's a great choice.
View Quote

IIRC Beretta says it was intended for women folk.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:33:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I have an older Beretta 84 and a 84FS and enjoy them since they’re a joy to shoot.  The new Cheetahs look promising, but as of today, I don’t see myself buying one.  I also have a CZ83, so I’m pretty good on double stacked mag .380 pistols

Sadly, the new Cheetah  pistols doesn’t take the original styled magazines, in the big picture, not a big deal… Unless you live in a Communist State, which now includes Washington to that sad list. Honestly, if they took the original styled mags, I’d be more interested in one, even if the newer mags are an improvement over the originals.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:20:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Billy-O-Tea:
Well, this is interesting. Wonder if they'll ever come out with a G version. I'm not opposed to picking up an 80X for CCW, but I'm not sure I'd like the idea of having a safety there as all my 92-series guns are G models.
View Quote

Safety isn't slide mounted...... Frame mounted ala 1911.......
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By jcarrol:

Safety isn't slide mounted...... Frame mounted ala 1911.......
View Quote

That is correct, yes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#31]
9mm please.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 10:43:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seven-Shooter] [#32]
Originally Posted By PeteyPete:
9mm please.
View Quote
9x17 IS a 9mm

The Cheetah series is physically too small to exist in 9x19.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#33]
9mm please.
View Quote

92XI
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 2:21:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlitzPig] [#34]
I have two 81s in .32. Great little pistols.  When I saw the video on TFB I was ready to throw money at Beretta, then the Beretta guy mentioned the price.

Nope, not in 100 years would I pay that much money for a .380, I don't care if it's a "premium" pistol, it's not worth that much money here in our market when you can get 9x19 pistols the same size or smaller that can carry more rounds.

I can see it being a good seller in a country like Brazil, where "military" calibers are not legal for sale to civilians.  

Beretta needs to rethink their price structure for the 80x, "Launch Edition" or not, that thing is dead in the water here. I'll just wait till they are blown out on CDNN when they end up as dust covered boxes at the distributors.

And for those wanting one in 9x19, the Cheetah is a blow back operating system. 9mm Parabellum is a no go.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

92XI
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
9mm please.

92XI

Full sized SAO.

I'd love a compact version in DA/SA, biggest gripe with the 92 was always the slide-mounted safety. Nowadays, you can get 15 round mags for 92 compacts for around $20.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#36]
What is up with all the Beretta 84 380 mania?  I always thought they were neat guns and own one, but they are more of a curiousity / range piece.  Now I see them used ones listed for absurd prices everywhere.

Would be a good gun for a lady except the slides are sprung very heavy which I understand this new one may address.  But again, why the mania for them?
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I love the Vertec frames

Makes the OG frames feel like a 2x4 in the hand
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I have an older 84BB and I love the way it shoots. I will be ordering (backorder) an 80X Launch Edition tomorrow from EuroOptic. I just ordered (backorder) the 92XI Launch Edition from them yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:30:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#39]
Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
What is up with all the Beretta 84 380 mania?  I always thought they were neat guns and own one, but they are more of a curiousity / range piece.  Now I see them used ones listed for absurd prices everywhere.

Would be a good gun for a lady except the slides are sprung very heavy which I understand this new one may address.  But again, why the mania for them?
View Quote

Cheap police trade ins hitting the market the past couple years caused a lot of people who wouldn’t normally give them a chance to find out they like them.  

They are great shooters. G19 sized but shoot much softer. They’re probably the most elegant and classic carry gun outside of an HK P7. (Not including the PP series as they’re dog shit and James Bond is the only reason they still exist.)
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#40]
I went online this morning and ordered (backorder) a new 80X Cheetah Launch Edition from EuroOptic. Beretta is supposed to be shipping these out this month along with the new 92XI. Hopefully, EuroOptic will get these in within the next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:43:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IronColon] [#41]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
I went online this morning and ordered (backorder) a new 80X Cheetah Launch Edition from EuroOptic. Beretta is supposed to be shipping these out this month along with the new 92XI. Hopefully, EuroOptic will get these in within the next couple of weeks.
View Quote

Post it up when you get it. I'll be interested in hearing what you have to say about it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By IronColon:

Post it up when you get it. I'll be interested in hearing what you have to say about it.
View Quote

Will do.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#43]
And just like that pricing on original surplus guns has jumped to $500.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Glad I picked up a couple surplus 81s when they first came in.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BlitzPig:
Glad I picked up a couple surplus 81s when they first came in.
View Quote

Me too.  I think I paid 240 bucks for my .32 version, from AIM surplus.  Fun and handy pistol.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#46]
I bet they sell a lot of these.  They're nice looking guns, I'm sure they shoot well, and the original line felt very nice in the hand.

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#47]
I would say that their target demographics are women shooters and those lacking hand strength such as the elderly or handicapped, much like the S&W Shield EZ pistols. It has a larger capacity than the Shield EZ in .380 while the higher capacity Equalizer pistols are only chambered in 9mm although Smith & Wesson could also offer the Equalizer in .380 ACP quite easily in the future.  I think handguns like this make a lot of sense for that market segment however, I think in this case, they may be overpriced.  If I was a new female shooter looking for a handgun with an easy to rack slide and my choices are the Beretta or the S&W, price would likely be a factor.  If capabilities are similar this may be a problem for Beretta’s sales.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 7:00:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlitzPig] [#48]
I question the easy to manipulate slide on the Cheetah. It's a straight blow back 380. These typically do not have light recoil spring rates.
If my .32 ACP model 81s are anything to go by, the Shield EZ is the better choice for those with low grip and or hand strength issues.

And the price point is a definite issue as well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Still waiting for Beretta to ship out the 80X Launch Edition. I found out the other day that Beretta looks to start shipping them out before the end of the month. Mine has been ordered and paid for since 2/1/23.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#50]
The slow release of the 80X and 92XI has been disappointing
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
And the Cheetah Returns (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top