Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2017 5:43:54 PM EDT
The LGS has had an Amethyst Ultra II for two years and offered me a deep discount on it.
Anyone had any experience with this model to say it is a FO?

And yes, my pimp hand is stronk enough to carry a purple pistol.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Bought one and out of the box it was dismal.  FTE and slide not opening on last round.

That said, I sent back to Kimber immediately.  They had to ream and polish the throat and tuned the extractor.

After that it works great.

Not sure why Kimber did not get the throating right from the factory.  

If you get a good price on it, buy it but be prepared to send back for that same work.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:25:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlockaCGulz] [#2]
I've been very pleased with my Ultra. I don't think you'll be disappointed in function. Maybe you'll save enough to either get it cerakoted or go the other way and get a Bedazzler to add some rhinestones.

ETA: Just looked up the specs. Factory ambi safety + tritium night sights make it more appealing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've carried a Kimber CDP II Ultra for about 5 years. Not a single problem.

Pimp it up!
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 2:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife saw that in a local store and wants it pretty badly. Considering the fact that I can't ever get her to shoot with me, I may have to indulge her at some point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top