Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2021 11:17:40 AM EDT
Honestly at first I rolled my eyes but now Im interested.

Is this Trijicon's (They aquired Ameriglo) Answer to Holosun's low prices? This RDS is made in the Philippines.

Article

AMERIGLO Haven Features and Specifications:

Lens Size: 1.1×0.75-in
Optic Size: 1.78×1.24×1.11-in
Adjustment Range: +/- 45 MOA (1 click = 1.0 MOA)
Dot Size: Either 3.5 or 5.0 MOA
Battery: One CR2032
Battery Life: 1-year (constant on at power setting 4)
Brightness Settings: 11 (including 2 NV settings)
Construction: 6061 Series Aluminum Housing
Waterproof Rating: 1 Meter (30 Minutes)
Temperature Range: -4°F to 122°F
Compatiblity: Glock MOS (non slimline models), Springfield OSP, FN 509 MRD & Tactical series, Beretta APX RDO, Taurus G3/G3C T.O.R.O, CP-P10 F/C, Walther Q4/A5/PDP, Smith & Wesson C.O.R.E.
View Quote

Auto shutoff can also be disabled.

Attachment Attached File
.Attachment Attached File

Also supposed to come as an option for factory Glocks. The question is will it hold up?
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
They definitely didn't put any time (money) into aesthetics.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting curious to see how they hold up. Hood looks nice and thick atleast
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 12:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Right on!  Hope the durability is there. Nice to see more competition in the market.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#4]
We’ll see but I have my doubts.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Battery life is pretty bad, but if the shake awake works as it should I may extend the life out a bit more.

Battery tray is a plus.

This is the solution for all those who can’t afford a Trijicon but don’t want to buy CCP optics.

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like other PI made RMR type sights.  Probably the same level of quality / durability.  

I'd never use it for serious purposes.  Fucking off at the range?  Sure it would be fine.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like other PI made RMR type sights.  Probably the same level of quality / durability.  

I'd never use it for serious purposes.  Fucking off at the range?  Sure it would be fine.
View Quote

I’ve never seen any other PI MRDS type sights. You got a link?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Battery life is pretty bad, but if the shake awake works as it should I may extend the life out a bit more.

Battery tray is a plus.

This is the solution for all those who can’t afford a Trijicon but don’t want to buy CCP optics.

View Quote

1 year out of a 2032 is damn good battery life.

I’m glad we are seeing all these new options.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
We have one for testing, it fits our OPF-G, RMR plate for full size MOS Glocks
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm glad we are seeing all these new options.
View Quote
My RM06 is at 18 months on the original battery.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I’m glad we are seeing all these new options.
View Quote

1 year battery life really isn’t good at all in todays market. It’s still usable with frequent preemptive battery changes which are easy since it’s a side load battery tray.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Dave Spaulding (Handgun Combatives) has been testing the Ameriglo RDS and has had some positive things to say about it.  He’s pretty good about not promoting trash, so if he says that he’s been happy with his testing, I think that goes a long way towards helping develop the credibility of the optic for future hard use.  We have one in the early stages of testing at my agency and thus far it’s performed adequately.  There isn’t enough data to compare it to our known performers yet, but it’s not going to be too long before I feel like we’ll have a respectable amount of data to say whether or not we trust it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top