Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2020 12:58:19 PM EDT
Due to a torn labrum my right arm will be in a sling for quite some time. After surgery will be out of action 3-6 months. I'm thinking I'll get a left hand leather pancake style OWB holster for my Glock 43.  I was hoping to find something ambidextrous that I could use afterwards on my right side but I'm not seeing anything after googling. I see DeSantis and 1779 Gunleather make decent looking holsters in the $50.00 range which I think is reasonable even if I only use it for 6 months.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I work in LE and will be confined to 'light duty' for about 6 months so comfort is essential. Gun will most likely be open carried 40 hours a week while in the building and I'll just drop an untucked shirt over it when I'm off.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Versacarry. They have lots of options and the quality has been top-notch so far. Got a "blem" double layer belt and couldn't be happier with it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been using Desantis 25 years. They are good to go.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want to look at Alien gear shapeshift package.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been using one of these ambi holsters from Holster Kings for several years. Very simple slide style holster that can be worn right or left. It can be clipped onto your belt, or lace the belt through the holster. It can be used IWB as well. They run around $20. I have carried everything from a 1911 down to a S&W Airweight. I have and use a variety of holsters for different guns, but this style holster sees the most use for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-LEATHER-synthetic-Universal-Ambidextrous/dp/B00SDW0OE4/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=holster+king+universal+holster&qid=1586459846&s=hunting-fishing&sr=1-1
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased a 1791 leather holster (right hand OWB) for my Glock 43 roughly 2 years ago and love it. I now have one for my G17 and also for a Walther PPS so I’m sold on their products. Check em out !
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Due to a torn labrum my right arm will be in a sling for quite some time. After surgery will be out of action 3-6 months. I'm thinking I'll get a left hand leather pancake style OWB holster for my Glock 43.  I was hoping to find something ambidextrous that I could use afterwards on my right side but I'm not seeing anything after googling. I see DeSantis and 1779 Gunleather make decent looking holsters in the $50.00 range which I think is reasonable even if I only use it for 6 months.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I work in LE and will be confined to 'light duty' for about 6 months so comfort is essential. Gun will most likely be open carried 40 hours a week while in the building and I'll just drop an untucked shirt over it when I'm off.

Thanks.
View Quote

If it doesn’t have to be leather look at the Raven Concealment Perun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top