Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2021 11:48:58 AM EDT
Has anyone used the BHSprings ambidextrous safety?  I just picked up a FEG hi power clone with the extended safety and slide release.  I like the safety, but I'm wrong handed (slide release feels good, but I'm not sure I can overcome the look).  I have a FN Mark lll with ambi's that work well enough, but I like the feel of the more squared off ledge like a 1911.  C&S ambidextrous looks way too wide on leave left side for my taste and I see no reason to pay that much for something I would have to reprofile.

So I guess my question is BHSprings or Browning's version?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
BHsprings makes good stuff. Just be aware, if not already, my FEG safety lever frame hole was too small for aftermarket safeties. I opted to open the frame hole, but BH recommends resizing the safety. I installed the SFS system that uses their own ambi safety. I like it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Nate.  I'm aware of the sizing issue.  Glad to hear you like the safety.  Hoping to get a few more opinions.

Not too much traffic in here I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top