Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2022 7:00:05 PM EDT
rade-in-s-w-complete-m-p-1-0-full-size-frame

Yeah, I ordered one (considered a couple, but only have one spare slide/barrel/etc.)
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I grabbed one as well. I have a spare complete 1.0 slide in my parts box. Extra handgun for $100!
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:24:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else order one and get an e-mail from Aim Surplus about not having the FFL you wanted it shipped to on file?

I wondered, at the time if there was something wrong because the first time I picked his name/business off the list it didn't show at the next step.  I backed up, did it again and it showed his name/business name.

Then, two days later I got an e-mail saying they couldn't ID him from the info I provided???  Picked it right off their list.  I e-mailed him and asked him to send a copy to them or remind them they have a copy, whichever it is.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Tempting.  I have an extra barrel but would need a slide and recoil assembly.  Any good sources for those fairly cheap?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, got a reply from Aim Surplus.  They have/found/or got sent by the FFL his license/info.  Not sure which.  Frame "has been shipped" but nothing shows up when I hit the tracking number "button."  Shipped and sitting on a table/bench waiting to be taken to the post office.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine showed up today and looks pretty much brand new
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine got to my FFL yesterday about 3PM.  I guess I'll get the call on Monday but that's just fine.

Oh, realized the pictures/description don't show/mention thumb safeties.  All mine are safety models/frames.  Sat down last night and ordered the thumb safety, detent and spring from Numrich.

I'll check out the trigger pull/feel and if it needs some polishing/smoothing I'll take it apart and do that when I put the safety on the sear cage.

Then it gets the PC 5" slide/kit installed on it and trip to the range to see if the frame/lock up changes helps it shoot better.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Will these work with the 2.0 slide and barrel?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will these work with the 2.0 slide and barrel?
View Quote

I do not beleive so.

I know that s gen 1 slide will work on a 2.0.  But I took a gen 1 slide release and modified it to allow it to work.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Picked up my frame a couple days ago.  Looks brand new.  Now wear on the three of the four rails and a small were spot on one of the rear rails.

Frame has the magazine safety and no thumb safeties.  

I ordered a thumb safety, spring and detent from Numrich.  Then watched a video on removing the magazine safety.

Sat down this morning to do all that.  Removing the magazine safety and getting another spring (made from a bic pin spring) was easy.

Then came the safety.  The right leg of the safety was bent inwards.  Got that straight and put the spring/detent in the sear cage and went to put it together.  Then I had the same issue I had with my first M&P FS 9MM many years ago.  In the safe position the trigger bar would ride up over the right side safety and release the sear.  Pulled it back out and did some more tweeking (too a couple times) to get it bent so that the right side of the safety was high enough to actually block the trigger bars rearward movement.

Then I had another smaller issue, just like the original one I bought years ago.  I'm not quite happy with the force required to move from safe to fire.  It's too darn easy.  I fixed the other one by a combination of filing off enough metal in the left side of the safety to make the notches a little deeper and the angle a little steeper for the safety to move the detent.  That works.  Just gotta tear it all back down and do it.

And then get it to the range.  Probably won't shoot any better on this frame but I can hope.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up mine yesterday. It looks brand new and appears to be unfired. Mine also has the magazine disconnect.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#12]
It's a great deal whether you had a spare slide set up, like I did, or you want to put a frame or two away for future projects.  

Got mine straight now.

I removed the mag. safety (videos on You Tube show how that can be done).

I added the thumb safeties.  Had some issues with that but got it all straightened out now.  The thumb safety arrived bent.  Not immediately obvious how much and which angles at first.

Got it in and it didn't work right. (1) mushy feel to the safety in either position and (2) in SAFE you could pull the trigger and the trigger bar would hit the safety arm (right side) and ride up over it to release the sear.

(1) removed the safety a couple/three times while filing the notches in the left side of the safety a little bit to change the angle to require a little more force to move it from safe to fire and back.  Also took just a little off the top of the detent to remove some of that rounded profile and help with the fit/angle it entered the notches in the safety

(2) finally saw/figured out there was another bend to the right side of the safety (or a couple bends) and it was hitting the sear pin before it was moving to a more upward position.  That was allowing the trigger bar to easily ride over the top of the safety.  Bent the right side down a little so that it did not contact the sear pin.  Then bent the front of that right side (tab that actually makes contact with the safety) up some to it was higher up on the trigger bar.  Absolutely cannot force the trigger bar over the safety tab with the trigger now.

Finally measured the trigger pull, too.  7.5 lbs.  One of the best feeling (lack of creep, lack of grittiness, etc.) M&P factory trigger I've had.  Also the heaviest.  We'll go shooting before I decide whether to improve that.

Looks good with that PC ported 5" slide on it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Just pulled the trigger, but I have no idea what I’m going to do with a S&W lower, as I don’t have any slides.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Came in yesterday, looks almost new, now I need a source for a slide and barrel.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Sometimes you can find the 1.0 Performance Center slides for less than $400 new.  That's why I had an extra slide, I bought one a year or so back.  That gets up into the new gun price range, but you get the optics ready side, ported barrel/slide, tall/suppressor sights (or red dot co-witness height sights).  

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Just pulled the trigger on a parts kit from everygunparts.com. It’s a worn 9mm slide and barrel, with other parts, pricey, but let’s get a pistol up….don’t need more Biden FFL fees….
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Ugly, but works. Needs a refinish, and new sights, I’ve got a pair of take off sights from a compact, it should work, just need a few magazines…anyone have a line on a duty holster….used?
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Has anyone built up a .40 yet?  The description say the frame can be used with a 9, .40 and .357 sig.  I recall the .40 frame was reverse compatible with the 9mm, not sure about the other way
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sometimes you can find the 1.0 Performance Center slides for less than $400 new.  That's why I had an extra slide, I bought one a year or so back.  That gets up into the new gun price range, but you get the optics ready side, ported barrel/slide, tall/suppressor sights (or red dot co-witness height sights).  

View Quote

I bought my 1.0 performance center  M&P core for $350 around the time the 2.0's were coming out.  An out of state buyer bought it through Rural King's site and had it transferred to my local store.  They couldn't sell it to him, or send it back.  They called RK Guns ands  were told to list it for $329.  I scooped it up right away.

I wouldn't mind another full sized M&P if I could get it for less than $500
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Has anyone built up a .40 yet?  The description say the frame can be used with a 9, .40 and .357 sig.  I recall the .40 frame was reverse compatible with the 9mm, not sure about the other way
View Quote

The 9/40/357 frames are all identical.

According to the info that came with my frame it was actually from a M&P 40, although it really doesn't matter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top