Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2022 8:50:51 PM EDT
I saw on his website he wasn’t taking new orders after 2020. Does anyone know where I could find a set of the Round Butt Finger Groove “Tactical Stocks” for a K-Frame?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You've already read that the business went bankrupt. Production has not restarted. Ahrends pop up on eBay all the time, but command a premium and good luck getting exactly the variation you want. Less frequently they come up for sale in gun boards like this one, S&W Forum, Colt Forum, etc.

I used to have several sets but, as you may have guessed, I cashed out once they went out of production. No, the three sets I have left on S&Ws aren't for sale :)
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#2]
You could try Altamont company for K frame grips. I have ordered from them before and their quality is good and fitment seems ok for the most part. They have G10,rubber with wood inserts and wood grips with finger grooves and some have textures to them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could try Altamont company for K frame grips. I have ordered from them before and their quality is good and fitment seems ok for the most part. They have G10,rubber with wood inserts and wood grips with finger grooves and some have textures to them.
View Quote
I have always found Altamont to be too thin on a DA revolver, but they're some of the fattest two-panel grips I've found for a single action; I have Altamont on all my SA revolvers for that reason.

OP, while Ahrend's is out of business (a sad day for us all), I have had great luck with Hogue wooden finger groove grips on DA revolvers.  They fit like the rubber ones, but feel so much better, IMO.  I have spent quite a bit of money on checkered finger groove cocobolo grips from them lately.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have always found Altamont to be too thin on a DA revolver, but they're some of the fattest two-panel grips I've found for a single action; I have Altamont on all my SA revolvers for that reason.

OP, while Ahrend's is out of business (a sad day for us all), I have had great luck with Hogue wooden finger groove grips on DA revolvers.  They fit like the rubber ones, but feel so much better, IMO.  I have spent quite a bit of money on checkered finger groove cocobolo grips from them lately.
View Quote

uncheckered hogue cocobolo on a k frame 65
Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top