Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2020 9:05:44 PM EDT
hello everyone - 1st time poster here.  

A friend is selling his Luger that he inherited, but he doesn't want...I am willing to buy it off him but don't know anything about guns like this, and I am not much of a collector.

It looks like all parts are matching numbers, except for the magazine.  To my non-collector eye, it looks in decent condition.  

Any advice would be appreciated?

Link Posted: 7/24/2020 12:09:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Need more pictures are you sure all number match?
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:26:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blackermagic] [#2]
Sure...our friend was taking apart the gun and snapping more shots.  Everything was matching.  Here are a few more.

Link Posted: 7/25/2020 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, where to start. The pistol overall looks good for it's age the finish look original still has the halo around the barrel numbers which is good. Even though you did not show the toggle markings on the top I know it's a DWM. Does the magazine match both number and letter suffix? The broken left grip hurts the value a bit. As far as numbered parts this will consist of the hold open, firing pin, take down lever, safety, safety bar grips both sides, toggle train and extractor these parts only the last two digits. The frame, barrel and upper will have all numbers however only the barrel and frame have the letter suffix if there is one. Holster date is not mentioned, but being black would denote WWII issue I believe the Reichadler metal attached to the holster is from a party leader visor cap? As far as value I would put that about $1500-$1700 with the holster.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for such a slow reply back.  And thank you very much for taking a look.  Both are wood bottom magazines and fit the era but I couldn't find any numbers on them, so doubt they are original, although they are both old!  

The barrel and suffix looks like a cursive "a".

There wasn't a tool with this one either, just a cotter pin where the luger tool should have been.  

The holster is stamped as TANK & KO 1942 P.08, so definitely a WWII.  I am not sure what is up with the Reichadler on the holster...its been there for a very long time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top