Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2018 9:00:49 PM EDT
Just got an advantage arms conversion for Glock 19, added a threaded barrel and was very excited. Unfortunately it would not fire any of the cci standard velocity I have stocked up. There would be a dent in the unforced rounds and they would fire and cycle with no issue if reloaded and tried again.

Is there a fix for this or is this normal and I just have to suck it up and buy different Ammo?
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Friend that was using a non Factory Glock connector in his Glock 17 frame and got light primer strikes with his AA kit.  He switched to a Glock connector and the pistol started firing reliably.   Not all series 80 Glock pattern frames play well with AA kits.  There have been a couple threads discussing this.   Some people have had to modify the locking block to work with AA kits.

If the AA kit functions with the not threaded barrel then I’d suspect it is a fitment issue with the threaded barrel.  If it is an AA threaded barrel contact AA as they have a life time warranty.    If it is not an AA threaded barrel I’d check the fitting of the barrel to the locking block and the slide to barrel fit at the top of the barrel.   The slide has to mate up to the of the barrel where the barrel is seated in battery.  If the fit is not correct the cartridge may not be fitting up to the breach face properly (slightly out of battery).   This might be an issue of tolerance stacking.

If this an older AA kit I’d inspect the striker channel for gunk/debris.  I’d also check the striker to ensure it is not broken.  I’d also inspect the firing pin block and spring.

Report back if you figure out the problem.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Good suggestions. It’s on a standard gen 4 frame with oem parts right now. The AA conversion and AA threaded barrel are brand new just got it today. I will try the non threaded barrel tomorrow and report back.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:59:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Remington Golden Bullets work in my Advantage Arms Glock 19 conversion.
Also - the 10rd mags work, the hicap mags are garbage.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn’t switch barrels today but tried some CCI Mini–Mags I found the same issue occurring ( light strikes, failure to fire)

I did notice that the slide was out of battery about 1mm. Used a 10 round mag and if I manually pushed the slide forward before firing it fired every round in the mag.

Hopefully it will resolve after being broken in more.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the light trigger thingy in mine that came from a factory longslide glock.  It fires them just fine.

I haven't had an AA conversion apart to know what they use for a striker spring, but I would bet you have shit in the firing pin channel or a spring issue.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I find it helps 22 rimfires to polish the chamber.   I use a barrel mop with Fltz on a short cleaning rod attached to a hand drill.   CMMG recommends using a brass or nylon bore brush with your choice of oil to buzz the chamber with a hand drill.   If a 22 rimfire barrel will not let a cartridge fall out of the chamber when the barrel is raised I polish the chamber.

Some barrels have debris left on the inside from the Nitride process.  Really helps functioning to clean some new barrels.   Your chamber could be on the short side or a combination of things.   I find the function of AA kits improve with use.   After several thousands of rounds the kits will function with a wider variety of ammo.

The slide of an AA Glock kit disassembles just like a centerfire Glock slide.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just got an advantage arms conversion for Glock 19, added a threaded barrel and was very excited. Unfortunately it would not fire any of the cci standard velocity I have stocked up. There would be a dent in the unforced rounds and they would fire and cycle with no issue if reloaded and tried again.

Is there a fix for this or is this normal and I just have to suck it up and buy different Ammo?
View Quote
I had an issue w/ mine when I was running a Ghost Rocket.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#8]
1).  Strip slide, inspect, deburr every part whacked by dry firing even once.  Betting lotsa dry firing or disassembly striker drops.  Put a fired case into chamber every time to drop striker for disassembly.

2).  Iron chamber where firing pin AND extractor have thrown up burrs.  .22LR chamber iron.

3).  The barrel block is most of the friction preventing going into battery.  Polish barrel block 3 sides with 2000 grit oil paper on a glass sheet until like a mirror. Remove(s) no metal, but is now smooth.

4).  With 2000 grit paper in fingers, polish barrel tube to mirror.

5).  Take out extractor. Deburr stamping and polish forward edge.

6).  Take out ejector.  It is a burred up shitty stamping.  Remove flashing from every edge.  Polish on 2000 grit paper on glass every flat surface. Especially the two left and right flat sides.

7).  Shoot very "wet.". Lucas Oil Extreme Duty Oil keeps them running better than any thing else tried.

8).  Polish chamber with polishing rouge on a cotton mop spun slowly moved in and out.

9).  1-8 eliminates most malfunctions with CCI MiniMag or Blazer.  None of my kits run on any thing else currently made.  Remington is so lot to lot inconsistent its a waste to buy.  Some lots have a fat bullet that engraves the rifling and is hard to close on.  If it won't drop in, it won't work well.

10).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top