Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2021 9:45:29 PM EDT
I'm a relative newbie to red dot sights and mounting optics on pistols.  The P365XL has the optic cut already, so is it literally just a matter of removing the screws holding the rear sight and plate, and then just seating and screwing in the Romeo Zero?

That easy or is am I missing something?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm a relative newbie to red dot sights and mounting optics on pistols.  The P365XL has the optic cut already, so is it literally just a matter of removing the screws holding the rear sight and plate, and then just seating and screwing in the Romeo Zero?

View Quote

I have a Holosun on mine. I imagine the Romeo is the same. Remove plate, install sight according to instructions.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote
Use a very high quality 2mm Allen T handle wrench like a Wiha...you might have to preheat those screws with a soldering gun for 30 seconds first. Then unscrew the Allen heads and the plate and rear sight from the underside of the slide. The Romeo zero is not very good...get a holosun 507K...then use the supplied screws and screw down the 507K and not too tight as you don't want to strip the screws...there should be torque specs if needed...if not blue locktite on the screw and pretty snug...then wait 24 hours and go sight on the 507K
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Use a very high quality 2mm Allen T handle wrench like a Wiha...you might have to preheat those screws with a soldering gun for 30 seconds first. Then unscrew the Allen heads and the plate and rear sight from the underside of the slide. The Romeo zero is not very good...get a holosun 507K...then use the supplied screws and screw down the 507K and not too tight as you don't want to strip the screws...there should be torque specs if needed...if not blue locktite on the screw and pretty snug...then wait 24 hours and go sight on the 507K
View Quote

This. And x2 on the 507K, the romeo zero is an utter piece of crap.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve got a Holosun RDS (403R) on one of my rifles and like it. Will the Holosun fit on the 365XL without any customization? Same footprint as the Romeo Zero?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:22:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I’ve got a Holosun RDS (403R) on one of my rifles and like it. Will the Holosun fit on the 365XL without any customization? Same footprint as the Romeo Zero?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of this is right on, just be sure to get a 507 / 407 K ,
a C model has a different foot print.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone. That’s why I asked. ??
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I thought you were saying “x2” as in “times two” that you were agreeing. But there actually is a 507K-X2.

Is that the one you recommend over the regular 507K? Looks like the difference is the X2 is multi reticle. Is that correct?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So I thought you were saying “x2” as in “times two” that you were agreeing. But there actually is a 507K-X2.

Is that the one you recommend over the regular 507K? Looks like the difference is the X2 is multi reticle. Is that correct?
View Quote

I was agreeing with the previous poster. All the the current ones shipping are going to be the X2 version though, they had an initial version with a different button layout but got sued by Trijicon and had to update so now we have the X2 version.

The 507K has multiple reticles, the 407K has the single dot. IMO the reticles other than the dot are useless on the 507K because they just looked like a giant blob but the 507K is still advantageous for the smaller dot. The 407K has a 6MOA dot which is just way too big to me and most others. With the 507K you can just turn the brightness up if you want a larger dot and let it bloom and it does the same effect.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought the 407 series had a single dot and the 507 series had the dot with a large eotech-like circle around it to help you square up and find the central dot.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought the 407 series had a single dot and the 507 series had the dot with a large eotech-like circle around it to help you square up and find the central dot.
View Quote

407K has a large 6moa dot only. 507K has 3 reticle modes where you can cycle through just a 2moa dot (maybe it’s 3moa?), dot and outer ring, or outer ring only.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Placed the order on Amazon for two HS507K-X2 units. One for my P365XL and one for my wife’s (when I told her I was getting one, she insisted I was getting her one two ??).

Now I need to see if I need a new holster. I use a Vedder Light Draw holster, and when you order there’s an option for an optic, and at the time I bought the gun a year ago I got the holster without the optic option.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Placed the order on Amazon for two HS507K-X2 units. One for my P365XL and one for my wife’s (when I told her I was getting one, she comforted I was getting her one two ??).

Now I need to see if I need a new holster. I use a Vedder Light Draw holster, and when you order there’s an option for an optic, and at the time I bought the gun a year ago I got the holster without the optic option.
View Quote

Smart decision.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Placed the order on Amazon for two HS507K-X2 units. One for my P365XL and one for my wife’s (when I told her I was getting one, she comforted I was getting her one two ??).

View Quote

You could save some $$ by cancelling the order and calling Euro Optic and talking to Jason, also not risk getting someone’s messed up Amazon return. I paid $250 a piece for mine, that’s a $80 savings on two vs. Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You could save some $$ by cancelling the order and calling Euro Optic and talking to Jason, also not risk getting someone’s messed up Amazon return. I paid $250 a piece for mine, that’s a $80 savings on two vs. Amazon.
View Quote

Thanks. I can try calling Jason tomorrow, but the price on their site is $289.99/ea. My Amazon Prime cost is $275/ea plus tax with free shipping. So $250/ea would be a savings.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Placed the order on Amazon for two HS507K-X2 units. One for my P365XL and one for my wife’s (when I told her I was getting one, she insisted I was getting her one two ??).

View Quote

Just Dremel it till it fits. Did that with a couple of my Vedders.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, five minutes with a Dremel and some fine sandpaper or Emery Cloth and you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good choice on the Holosuns, the Romeo Zero is a POS.  The Holosun 507k and 407k actually work  and don't require dismounting to change the battery.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks. I can try calling Jason tomorrow, but the price on their site is $289.99/ea. My Amazon Prime cost is $275/ea plus tax with free shipping. So $250/ea would be a savings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could save some $$ by cancelling the order and calling Euro Optic and talking to Jason, also not risk getting someone's messed up Amazon return. I paid $250 a piece for mine, that's a $80 savings on two vs. Amazon.

Amazon, even shipping from Amazon themselves, still stands a good chance of you getting a reject/return or counterfeit. I'd never buy anything like that from Amazon. I work anti-counterfeiting for a living and the things I've seen from Amazon would blow you away.

Link Posted: 7/23/2021 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Amazon, even shipping from Amazon themselves, still stands a good chance of you getting a reject/return or counterfeit. I'd never buy anything like that from Amazon. I work anti-counterfeiting for a living and the things I've seen from Amazon would blow you away.

View Quote

Well it’s too late know, that ship sailed, but nothing indicates there’s any issue. Box was sealed and everything looked new.

What would clue you in to something being a counterfeit optic? What’s the tell?
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not that it’s a guarantee of anything, but I called Holosun support to see what they might be able to tell me, since I had registered the units and got no error or other issue with the serial number.

He said they were only aware of one counterfeit situation involving an Amazon seller, and the issue was very obvious (they didn’t spell the name correctly).

He said he wasn’t aware of any issues with counterfeit HS507K units, but obviously it doesn’t mean it can’t or hasn’t happened.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#22]
OP, have you shot with it yet?  Opinion?
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would be an awesome thread in GD  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top