Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2020 12:49:40 AM EDT
Does anyone do milling on an APX slide for an RMR?

I could buy an ROD one but hard to find and milling my current one would be cheaper than buying a new gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone do milling on an APX slide for an RMR?

I could buy an ROD one but hard to find and milling my current one would be cheaper than buying a new gun.
View Quote

They make RMR mounts for the rear sight dovetail, and it's strong enough:

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx-rmr-mount-apx-optic-mount/ag-55/
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, I have not seen those before.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Early on in apx production a company showed one milled, maybe offered it, but could have just been proof of concept. I can’t find the picture or remember the company though.

I do know they installed a plug in the open channel under the slide For the screw to thread into. Pretty cool setup but kind of obsolete when they came out with factory rdo slides.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
You can buy a combat slide directly from beretta. It comes with the plate and little spring you gotta use.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can buy a combat slide directly from beretta. It comes with the plate and little spring you gotta use.
View Quote

Bumping an old topic BUT, I cannot for the life of me find the slide only to purchase. I swear I saw it a month ago but now no luck. Anyone have a link to one?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:39:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bumping an old topic BUT, I cannot for the life of me find the slide only to purchase. I swear I saw it a month ago but now no luck. Anyone have a link to one?
View Quote

I believe Midwest Gun Works or something like that had slides a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Try calling Beretta and ask them. That will probably be your best bet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top