Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2018 10:53:47 PM EDT
I see this in the Beretta ad in the g&a magazine I got in the mail today. I assume it will be unveiled at the nra annual meeting? Looks cool. Can’t wait to see one. Anyone have any more info? Nothing on the Beretta site.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
No. All I’ve seen is this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Interesting. I just got the combat with the rmr. Shoots great.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
APX Centurion

So a full sized frame with compact slide, as is the “commander” trend these days?
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
APX Centurion

So a full sized frame with compact slide, as is the “commander” trend these days?
View Quote
Beretta came out with the 92 centurion back in like 1992 so it’s not a new trend.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m aware of that, hence the commander reference.  It’s a new(ish) trend with the plastic pistols however.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 2:36:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m aware of that, hence the commander reference.  It’s a new(ish) trend with the plastic pistols however.
View Quote
The commander trend exsists because it frickin works. I love my Glock 19X and I haven't met a person yet that doesn't like it after trying it. There is a balance to the gun that can't really be explained but needs to be felt. My HK P30 is like that, the Beretta Centurion is like that and the 1911 Commander is like that. A full size frame isn't that tough to conceal especially with appendix carry, but the shorter slide is welcome with appendix carry. I plan on buying the APX centurion to at least try.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven’t seen any recent talk about the Centurion. Has it hit the streets? It looks like it’s in stock on several websites. The APX looks interesting, and the Centurion seems to be the right size for my personal preferences.

The Beretta website lists the full size APX height as 5.6”, and the Centurion as 5.19”, so it sounds like the grip is slightly shorter. The grip also looks a little shorter in photos. However, the Beretta description says that they share the same magazine.

Edit: OK, so clearly the Beretta website is incorrect where it states:

“The APX Centurion pistol extends the proven APX Series to a mid-size duty or concealed carry size. It features a 15+1 (9mm) or 13+1 (.40 S&W) flush fit magazine that it shares with the Full size variant.”

Since the full size hold 17+1 (9mm) and 15+1 (.40 S&W), the grip is understandably shorter on the Centurion. Surprised their website would have such a glaring error in the description.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I've seen some in YouTube videos.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Centurion Combat might get my money.  Why doesn't it have suppressor height sights and does anyone make suppressor height sights for them?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Centurion Combat might get my money.  Why doesn't it have suppressor height sights and does anyone make suppressor height sights for them?
View Quote
I think Beretta has them, but if you're buying the combat model, why not go with a RDS and move on?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Got one on last Friday
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I recently traded a pickup truck for a full sized APX. I absolutely love this gun. It's a shame they never really caught on.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I recently traded a pickup truck for a full sized APX. I absolutely love this gun. It's a shame they never really caught on.
View Quote
I don't think they've been out long enough to close the book on them just yet.

All the "me-tooing" in the striker-fired polymer framed market has oversaturated that market though.  You could come out with the cheapest, high quality one tomorrow and still claim low market share because 10 other brands already have a loyal following.  It is hard to make waves---what can you offer that's new?

Interchangeable grips?  Old news.
Suppressor ready models?  Old news.
Red dot ready models?  Old news.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I finally had the chance to handle a Centurion today. I like the size, but I have to say, the trigger felt like I was squeezing a marshmallow trying to find the wall. I really didn’t care for it, and while I’d still like to shoot it, I think I’ll have to cross it off my long list of pistols I’d “like to have.” I’m not sure why, but I didn’t get that feeling when I handled a full size APX.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#15]
My brother just picked up one of these. It is an excellent shooter, and a wonderful size for carry or even home defense. I'm now considering one for me, but I'm considering a compact if they were to release a mag sleeve for the 15 round mags.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My brother just picked up one of these. It is an excellent shooter, and a wonderful size for carry or even home defense. I'm now considering one for me, but I'm considering a compact if they were to release a mag sleeve for the 15 round mags.
View Quote
https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/apx-compact-magazine-spacer-c-spacer/5h474/
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#17]
It took a while to grow on me but the more I read and looked on You Tube , the more I liked the APX . I pick up a new Centurion about week ago , I like it , I could not find any extra mags in stock any where but on line places .This gun is well made the finish looks great , no problem with ejection .
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The commander trend exsists because it frickin works. I love my Glock 19X and I haven't met a person yet that doesn't like it after trying it. There is a balance to the gun that can't really be explained but needs to be felt. My HK P30 is like that, the Beretta Centurion is like that and the 1911 Commander is like that. A full size frame isn't that tough to conceal especially with appendix carry, but the shorter slide is welcome with appendix carry. I plan on buying the APX centurion to at least try.
View Quote
No doubt, I love my Colt Rail Gun Commander WAY more than I thought I would. I waited and bought the Glock 45 with Ameriglo sights which has turned out to be the tits as far as Glocks go and then I picked up a WC Beretta Centurion Tactical last week. I'm almost in awe of how amazing it is. The balance is perfect and with Mec-Gar flush fit 18 round magazines, it's quite the platform. I'm 100% sold on the Commander concept.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 6:45:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I ran about 100 rds of all types of ammo so far. I had zero problems , brass eject was perfect , I like it .
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I just got the Commander size and boy does it work . I just picked up a few mags ,had to find them on line .  This new APX looks way better in person they had to be well thought out for the Gov, trails . the brass all goes on a nice pile non comes back at you . I think Beretta has set on there ass for a few years if they did the right type marketing this gun can go head to head with the other plastic guns .
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I almost bought the APX full size a few months ago but settled on the Glock 45... I am not a Glock fan but love the full size frame and shorter slide... I have a chance to get a APX compact... what's to stop me from buying a full size grip frame and cutting it in the front to fit the compact slide?  I did this with my sig P320.. I had a friend give me a full size grip that I cut in the front to make a Carry size grip.. ( 17 rnds that fits a compact slide)
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I almost bought the APX full size a few months ago but settled on the Glock 45... I am not a Glock fan but love the full size frame and shorter slide... I have a chance to get a APX compact... what's to stop me from buying a full size grip frame and cutting it in the front to fit the compact slide?  I did this with my sig P320.. I had a friend give me a full size grip that I cut in the front to make a Carry size grip.. ( 17 rnds that fits a compact slide)
View Quote
Nothing stops you from doing that. Frames are $50 MSRP.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I ran another flawless rounds of 124 today , from Centurion 9mm
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#24]
$288 after MIR from rural king right now
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#25]
That is a good price for APX the 500year old Beretta company did there home work , I do not see it pushing Glock out or Sig but the APX will run with the rest of them . for that price I would grab another one .
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
$288 after MIR from rural king right now
View Quote
I fent on a compact. I'll pick up a Centurion frame if it's something I decide I want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top