Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2019 11:28:15 PM EDT
I got lucky and picked up a model 63 and 317-5 from a member here for way cheap. I could never decide which I wanted so I got both.

What ammo does yours like? What speed strips, holsters and speedloaders do you use?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing to add that's helpful, just want to say those are nice!  Congrats on getting them.  I'd love to get a .22 revolver one day.  All I have now is my Mark IV stainless for a .22.  Thought about getting the Ruger LCRX .22 or .22 mag.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 1:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought about buying those but I hate how the airweight finish wears the 63 is the perfect 22lr as size and balance are just right.I like Speed Beez speed loaders and Tuff Products speed strips.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 3:36:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought about buying those but I hate how the airweight finish wears the 63 is the perfect 22lr as size and balance are just right.I like Speed Beez speed loaders and Tuff Products speed strips.
View Quote
I have a 317.

I also use Speed Beez.

For around the hunting club I use a Serpa J frame holster for 2” barrels with the front sight channel dremmeled out to fit the 317’s (too) big fiber optic front sight.

I have a couple more J frame holsters, but they don’t get used much.
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Is the model 63 a six shot? If so I have two speed loaders I will send you for free.
They are the HKS 22j model
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is the model 63 a six shot? If so I have two speed loaders I will send you for free.
They are the HKS 22j model
View Quote
8 shot, but I do appreciate the offer!
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
i use 10 shot speed strips with my 8 shot LCRx 3" 22LR.  2 shot shells and 8 rounds

https://www.amazon.com/QuickStrip-2-Pack-Urethane-Material-CALIBER/dp/B004WUNGSC
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i use 10 shot speed strips with my 8 shot LCRx 3" 22LR.  2 shot shells and 8 rounds

https://www.amazon.com/QuickStrip-2-Pack-Urethane-Material-CALIBER/dp/B004WUNGSC
View Quote
I ordered 2 packs of them. Need a holster now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#8]
What holsters are you guys using?
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Good score!

I’ve got both.
They are awesome guns!

Since they are revolvers, they will shoot anything including CB caps.
I haven’t spent the time at a bench to see which ammo gives the best accuracy.
Both are fun to shoot.

There is a small Allen holster at Academy Sports that is a perfect fit for about $20.
I did cut a circular piece of leather and glue over the snap on the inside, just to avoid possible scratches.
Academy

Interestingly, the same holster, made from lighter and thinner buffalo hide is also available at Walmart for the same price.
Different manufacturer.
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Love smith 22 revolvers.  I’d rather shoot my 617 over a 40 or 9 any day.

Nice pieces, enjoy them, if they are tight to eject, ream them with a sammi spec 22lr cylinder finish reamer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top