Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2020 12:05:08 PM EDT
Another good option from Winchester, the Q4463. Because this was a +P load, we saw expansion even out of the 3" barrel. This load will go super in a 16" but remained subsonic in the EVO barrel.

9x19mm, 147gr JHP +P, Winchester Ranger Bonded Q4463

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Buffman_LT1
It definitely feels to me like it is loaded at the high end of +P
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah.  I picked up a couple boxes last month. Stout load out of a Glock 17 and a 5" 1911.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah.  I picked up a couple boxes last month. Stout load out of a Glock 17 and a 5" 1911.
View Quote

Same here. After watching the OP's review on SG Ammo's sight, I got 2 cases! I always thought (still do) that Win 147 Ranger loads are a little slow and this +P seems to be decent. Maybe close to the Fed HST 147 +P velocity. Seems to be a great performer out of a 16" according to the OP's jell test.

BTW this Win 147 +P stays subsonic out of my 16" down here is hot/humid FL and runs nice and smooth in rifles and pistols. Also good accuracy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top