Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2018 9:33:45 AM EDT
I've been thinking about picking up a 96A1 but the magazine capacity is holding me back.   Are there any extensions out there to increase capacity.

Some people have modified M9 mags to work in their cz p07.   So I was wondering if P09 mags could be modified to work in the Beretta.  Or if any other mags have the same geometry and be made to work?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Mec-Gar 15 round extended, they also make a 13 round flush fit. They are listed for the 96FS but will work in your 96A1, I usually use the 96A1 or 90-two 12 round mags in my 96G. Mec gar mags are one of the best pistol mags out there.

Pro mag makes a 20 round mag but them can be hit or miss if they work.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 5:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, I was hoping that there was some more reliable way than the promag to get a few extra rounds in the pistol.

I really like the cz p09, but polymer guns are kinda blah.  They don't have a soul.  Which is why a Beretta is calling to me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea, I was hoping that there was some more reliable way than the promag to get a few extra rounds in the pistol.

I really like the cz p09, but polymer guns are kinda blah.  They don't have a soul.  Which is why a Beretta is calling to me.
View Quote
Yes, right there i got highlighted in red, my feelings also. I always loved metal frame double action pistols (also with some wood grips, seems to add more to soul and such to it). Poly guns seem to be a dime a dozen and have no real benefit other than lighter weight.

Get you a few of the mec gar mags even though the price may be a bit steep, you wont regret it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top