Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2021 4:33:42 PM EDT
Hey gang-

I love this little guy, but I've had a couple issues with it. Sigh. I've had plenty of Taurus guns and only had an issue with a PT92 where the firing pin broke. But I digress.

Prepare for wheelman ignorance to be on full display without further delay:

I was merrily blasting away one day when the trigger became very difficult to pull, and I noticed that the cylinder would move forward and aft just a hair. No worries I though, and loaded it up again. After another cylinder of two I jiggle it to check and the thing just slides on out. I tighten ti screw on the opposite side (it's not loose, per se, it hardly moved) and that just made it harder to pul the trigger again.

Also, the rear sight just flops around and it irritates me.

Am I missing something, or do I have to send it in? If so, are the wait times as atrocious as I remember them to be?

Thanks!

Guilty party:

Link Posted: 12/9/2021 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Either the front screw has a broken tip (not likely) or you have had the side plate off and put screws in the wrong holes upon reassembly.  Pull all screws out of the side plate and install the longest one in the front hole.  The remainder can go in any hole as they are not position sensitive.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 5:06:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Amos_Moses] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mindless:
Either the front screw has a broken tip (not likely) or you have had the side plate off and put screws in the wrong holes upon reassembly.  Pull all screws out of the side plate and install the longest one in the front hole.  The remainder can go in any hole as they are not position sensitive.  Good luck.
View Quote

Thank you, sir!

I have not had it apart until it kinda disassembled itself. I'll take a gander.

...any idea on the loose rear sight? I can adjust the windage screw, but it just moves for windage and is loose-y goose-y.

ETA: I haven't looked at it too closely as I shoot steel and a hit is a hit. Haven't shot for groups yet. I'll tinker when I can.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
That screw looks like it's out a little far.  Could you just need to put the cylinder in and tighen it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By owlless:
That screw looks like it's out a little far.  Could you just need to put the cylinder in and tighen it?
View Quote

@owlless

I did, but I couldn't find a happy medium. IN other words, too much and it wouldn't turn and too little and it just fell out. Might put a spot of Loctite on it if/when I find a winner.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Amos_Moses:

@owlless

I did, but I couldn't find a happy medium. IN other words, too much and it wouldn't turn and too little and it just fell out. Might put a spot of Loctite on it if/when I find a winner.

Thanks!
View Quote

Understood.  I apologize for pointing out the obvious!

Mayve file the end of the screw.  The new Smith J Fram I have has a detent and spring on the end of screw.  Not sure about taurus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top