Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2019 8:09:01 PM EDT
Is anyone conceal carrying one of these?
What holster are you using? I was thinking of appendix carrying.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I will carry the Centurion as soon as my JMCK holster comes in.  Unless you are built very thin, not skinny but literally thin from one hip to the other, you will be amazed at what you can conceal appendix.

I am 5’9” - 200# and soon realized I can probably conceal all but an AR in my pants leg.  There are several asking so I am sure I will post up some pics for everyone else kicking it around as well.

ETA:  Forgot to mention. The stock grips are aggressive enough to grip your shirt and print the grip.  At least it did for me when wearing UA t shirts.  Putting the WC grips on solved that for me and allows my shirts to slide up and down normally.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 1:36:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking for compact holsters without much luck.  Is leather a good option?
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 3:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been looking for compact holsters without much luck.  Is leather a good option?
View Quote
I would not carry with a leather holster.   It can break down and get soft, which makes it more comfortable; yet soft means something can accidentally get to the trigger.  Personally, I will only use Kydex holsters, or Kydex wrapped holsters.  That meaning I would consider a leather holster that has a Kydex insert for rigidity a safe carry option that may be more aesthetically pleasing.  Kydex also stays open, so reholstering is much safer/easier.  And reholstering is where most mistakes happen.

My way is not the only right way either.  It’s a personal decision, but I would encourage someone to stay away from all leather if possible.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would not carry with a leather holster.   It can break down and get soft, which makes it more comfortable; yet soft means something can accidentally get to the trigger.  Personally, I will only use Kydex holsters, or Kydex wrapped holsters.  That meaning I would consider a leather holster that has a Kydex insert for rigidity a safe carry option that may be more aesthetically pleasing.  Kydex also stays open, so reholstering is much safer/easier.  And reholstering is where most mistakes happen.

My way is not the only right way either.  It's a personal decision, but I would encourage someone to stay away from all leather if possible.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My way is not the only right way either.  It's a personal decision, but I would encourage someone to stay away from all leather if possible.  
Your concerns aren't really applicable when talking DA/SA guns, that old wives tale is mainly focused on striker fired pistols. Good quality leather holsters are perfectly fine to use for carry.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My way is not the only right way either.  It’s a personal decision, but I would encourage someone to stay away from all leather if possible.  
View Quote
That’s not a problem on well made leather holsters. I carry my M9A3 and 92FS Compact in Milt Sparks leather holsters and they are my favorite.

The biggest thing most people overlook with ccw is a quality belt.

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That’s not a problem on well made leather holsters. I carry my M9A3 and 92FS Compact in Milt Sparks leather holsters and they are my favorite.

https://i.imgur.com/XtlL9Qk.jpg
View Quote
Good choice, Milt Sparks IWB holsters have a metal insert to keep them open when empty.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To many people have no experience with good leather and just claim its all crap.

Great combo. Have you seen the g10 conversion grips yet?
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

To many people have no experience with good leather and just claim its all crap.

View Quote
No I haven’t. I really like the factory hogue wraparound grips.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
THIS

Been carrying in leather for 28 trouble free years.

Leave kydex in your hot car and see what happens to your retention.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Got a set of the G10 grips in a week or two ago
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Standard co usa has a 92x compact no rail listed on their site.  I'm thinking it will work on a regular 92 fs compact
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Xxxx xx
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The stock grips are aggressive enough to grip your shirt and print the grip.  At least it did for me when wearing UA t shirts.  Putting the WC grips on solved that for me and allows my shirts to slide up and down normally.
View Quote
The WCs do not say if they are ultra-thin (I like when they have the indentation in the middle).
How do they compare in thickness to the OEM grips?  I did notice the OEM grips felt insanely grippy for polymer--they felt like G-10 from emerson.  :)

------------
Many of my favorite holster makers don't seem to offer anything, even for the 92X Centurion.  You'd think you could just get a compact holster and it would fit, but the 92X models have a curved trigger-guard that I'm assuming would mess things up.  I REALLY like DARA holsters, but went with JM IWB (the good news is that they have options in "fast shipping").
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I carry a Darkstar Gear appendix for the compact. Allegedly it will fit.  If not I also have a JM custom kydex.  email them and they will respond within a day or so which holster will fit
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:11:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The WCs do not say if they are ultra-thin (I like when they have the indentation in the middle).
How do they compare in thickness to the OEM grips?  I did notice the OEM grips felt insanely grippy for polymer--they felt like G-10 from emerson.  :)
View Quote
Betty gets a bath tomorrow, so I will put both sets of grip panels on and measure them.  I don't think they are the ultra thins though, the screw holes are not the "high point" of the profile (if that makes since).
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#16]
My 92X Centurion measurements for the stock and the WC Vertec grips.

WC - 1.36 at top, 1.33 on the logos, & 1.36 at bottom

Factory panels - 1.33 top and bottom & 1.37 at the logos
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top