Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2020 7:53:02 PM EDT
I have a couple of Berettas, a M9A3 and a M9 that was changed to a g and a couple of other things.

Looking over the models that Beretta has, is the 92x series the best bang for the buck at this time?

Rail
Vertec Grip
Removeable sights
Others

What do you think of the Centurion vs the Full size?

Save around 5 ounces of weight and slightly shorter slide/barrel.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for info. I’m shopping for the same things.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I handled the full size and centurion. I chose to purchase the centurion.  I preferred the balance. The centurion is very similar to a Glock 17 in length.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a couple of Berettas, a M9A3 and a M9 that was changed to a g and a couple of other things.

Looking over the models that Beretta has, is the 92x series the best bang for the buck at this time?

Rail
Vertec Grip
Removeable sights
Others

What do you think of the Centurion vs the Full size?

Save around 5 ounces of weight and slightly shorter slide/barrel.
View Quote

I prefer the M9a3 full size with safety + decocker. I dont like fiber optic sights and i dont like centurion. Just my $.02
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I prefer the M9a3 full size with safety + decocker. I dont like fiber optic sights and i dont like centurion. Just my $.02
View Quote

I have both a M9A3 and a full size 92X.  I prefer the 92X overall.  I don’t know what fiber optic sights you are referring to as the 92X comes with a hoke orange dot front that i quickly replaced with a orange Langdon tritium one. Without the big flat trigger guard and bobbed barrel the 92X feels more sleek.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Centurion is a different slide width, irrc. They won't fit most holsters.

Full size is the way to go.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Centurion is a different slide width, irrc. They won't fit most holsters.

Full size is the way to go.
View Quote

I think you are confusing Brig slides with standard.  AFAIK, centurion/compact slides are the same width as full size slides....just slightly shorter.   Brig slides are clearly thicker, particularly in the locking block area.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe that the 92x also comes with all steel parts (not the polymer coated steel) including an extended mag release, which (to me) is a big plus.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I believe that the 92x also comes with all steel parts (not the polymer coated steel) including an extended mag release, which (to me) is a big plus.
View Quote

All except the guide rod, it is still nylon.  I have found no need to change mine.  The last M9 I was issued had a nylon guide rod too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top