Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2022 11:31:36 PM EDT
Was at the gun store today looking at an M9 and a 92fs. To my surprise they both had the same frame, straight dust cover and non scalloped back strap. Only difference was the 92fs had the read owners manual before use marking. 92fs also had the 3 dot sights. How common are these? I went mainly looking for an m9 because I like those features but I do like the 3 dot sights of the 92fs. But I also would prefer not to have the read owners manual before use markings.  Then again I own rugers.. decisions decisions
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Straight dust covers aren't super common anymore on 92fs. They do show up time to time and are likely in my opinion the result of sharing parts with the M9 or Italian made parts. It seems like during shortages or huge demands (Sandy Hook, Biden election, summer riots) that you see this happening.

Slides are a dime a dozen, you can buy new ones on Ebay really cheap. The straight dust cover is the harder thing to find if that's what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe Beretta mismatches things from time to time. I found a batch of thirty 92’s a number of years ago that were Elite II lowers and 92fs slides. I picked one up for $500. Beretta confirmed for me via email that it was a special project with only 30 made.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty much what I figured. I went for the m9.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#4]
My favorite are the ones that made it out with a scalloped rear grip but still a straight dustcover.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My favorite are the ones that made it out with a scalloped rear grip but still a straight dustcover.
View Quote
My favorite I have a 92G with this setup
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:39:53 AM EDT
[#6]
the vintage dust cover 9mm frames that are not reinforced / angled that have been showing up lately are current production it seems. its even on inox 92fs recent models. beretta listened to the retro movie comments and market feedback ive guessed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Straight dustcover is best dustcover.
Also Beretta usually just throws whatever they have together at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Not to hijack, but does anyone have pics of the difference in the dust covers? I’m a Beretta noob.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 4:12:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to hijack, but does anyone have pics of the difference in the dust covers? I'm a Beretta noob.
View Quote
https://berettaforum.net/vb/showpost.php?p=985920&postcount=23
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#10]
@kingdead thank you
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#11]
M9s had 3 dots to depending on when they were supplied.  The TMs make reference to this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top