Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2020 12:42:14 PM EDT
I thought I'd share.  I jumped on this.   I love stainless Berettas and have wanted one for a while.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Inox-Italian-9mm-Pistol-p/js92f520mle.htm
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Have to admit...I'm tempted.   I don't like the fixed front sight though.   Stupid for a carry gun.

Ya'll give me some reasons....one way or the other.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have to admit...I'm tempted.   I don't like the fixed front sight though.   Stupid for a carry gun.

View Quote

Its sexy as hell.  Do it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

@USMC_JA
Could always send it out to have the front sight drilled for a fiber optic rod

That’s what I did with my M9A1, absolutely love that gun
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Wish I had the funds because that is a great deal.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@USMC_JA
Could always send it out to have the front sight drilled for a fiber optic rod

That’s what I did with my M9A1, absolutely love that gun
View Quote

@crazysarge16

Tracking.  Thanks.

Much prefer night sights on a serious gun.  But FO is better than a fixed white dot.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I fo'ed on the INOX compact.  Just could not resist.  Front sight be damned.  

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Type-M9A1-Compact-Inox-9mm-Pistol-p/j90c9f22.htm
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I fo'ed on the INOX compact.  Just could not resist.  Front sight be damned.  

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Type-M9A1-Compact-Inox-9mm-Pistol-p/j90c9f22.htm
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:40:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Personally, I will not purchase any more 92 series pistols with fixed front sights.  Why Beretta does not make Vertec slides standard at this point is beyond me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Personally, I will not purchase any more 92 series pistols with fixed front sights.  Why Beretta does not make Vertec slides standard at this point is beyond me.
View Quote

They do.  Its the 92X platform.

But I like the lines of the M9A1 frame on the compact (the "squared" trigger guard).   The 92X has the rounded.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a 92FS after years of using Sigs and Glocks. Now I wonder why I didn't buy the Beretta to start with. That is a good deal on the gun you are looking at as far as I can tell.
Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I checked and now it's out of stock.. That would be a great deal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By eugunieum:
I just bought a 92FS after years of using Sigs and Glocks. Now I wonder why I didn't buy the Beretta to start with. That is a good deal on the gun you are looking at as far as I can tell.
Thanks,
Mark
View Quote

I had that same epiphany a number of years ago myself. It seems I tried every pistol under the sun over the course of a decade...minus Beretta. I just avoided them for some reason I can't explain. But then I finally broke down and bought an Italian made 92FS back in 2007 and realized how stupid I had been all those years. With that purchase I finally located the handgun that was made for me.

Now I am lusting for an M9A3 to join my Beretta family, but I'll probably opt for the 92X instead. I think it checks many of the same boxes but is probably a bit more practical and affordable for my needs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By rparrish:
Personally, I will not purchase any more 92 series pistols with fixed front sights.  Why Beretta does not make Vertec slides standard at this point is beyond me.
View Quote

Thats why i put a vertec slide on my FS.

I also installed a gold bead on my m9a1 compact
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm tempted by one of these. Anyone that has one, is the barrel chrome lined like the blued /parked barrels? I know it's stainless.

Also, who is the best shop to send one to have the FS drilled for a fiber optic?

ETA...searching seems inox are not chromed...
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#15]
back in stock but price is $595, I'm waiting on my dealer to call so I can pick mine up. been wanting one
a while, hopefully not a dissapointment..........
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mew:
back in stock but price is $595, I'm waiting on my dealer to call so I can pick mine up. been wanting one
a while, hopefully not a dissapointment..........
View Quote

Congrats. It shouldn't be a disappointment in the least. I debated on getting one of these myself but decided on the 92X, as I already have a couple standard 92fs pistols. They (92 series) are by far my favorite pistol platform. I had an older Inox 92fs years ago and kick myself for selling it.

Now if you want to really treat yourself, get some Wilson Combat ultra thin grips for it. It gives the gun a totally different feel.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I only say that as there have been some posts elsewhere about the poor QC recently on the Inox such as sloppy mill work on the slides
and poor quality annodizing on the frame etc. I'm trying to keep an optimistic attitude about it.
The 92 series is one of my favorite platforms so fingers crossed, hopefully I will pick it up today.

*update* picked up late yesterday and have to say I'm impressed with this Italian beauty. Perfect annodize on frame,
slide is milled beautifully with no improper workmanship. Waiting for my decocker conversion and a few other upgrades
but this pistol is a keeper!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#18]
just completed the conversion on this beauty, 92FS Inox Italian 2020 mfg.;

Wilson Combat; Grips, fluted guide rod, skeleton hammer, 16# recoil spring.
Langdon Tactical; flush hammer spring cap/pin, cut/crown a spare barrel
Beretta; G kit, extended mag release, hex grip screws, short reach trigger w/D spring and return spring.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mew:
just completed the conversion on this beauty, 92FS Inox Italian 2020 mfg.;

Wilson Combat; Grips, fluted guide rod, combat hammer, 16# recoil spring.
Langdon Tactical; flush hammer spring cap/pin, cut/crown barrel
Beretta; G kit, extended mag release, hex grip screws, short reach trigger w/D spring and return spring.
https://i.postimg.cc/5H5c9YLG/IMG-0806.jpg
View Quote

Nice.

LOK makes some really nice grips for the 92 as well.  I recently have them a try for my 92 compact.

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#20]
yes they do, I just got a pair like yours above for my Browning HP and a pair for my 92xP
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#21]
The fixed front site on the 92's is annoying, but I am against the grain on it being a deal-breaker.  Night Sights are relatively new to the handgun world, people were served just fine without them; while I prefer them I won't refuse to carry a pistol because it doesn't have them.  NS will help you pick up the sights in a low light scenario, but they're not magic especially if you're carrying without a light (target ID).
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The fixed front site on the 92's is annoying, but I am against the grain on it being a deal-breaker.  Night Sights are relatively new to the handgun world, people were served just fine without them; while I prefer them I won't refuse to carry a pistol because it doesn't have them.  NS will help you pick up the sights in a low light scenario, but they're not magic especially if you're carrying without a light (target ID).
View Quote

Agreed.  See my pic above.  With a weapon light, the M9 sights are perfectly functional.  One shouldn't be shooting what s/he cannot identify anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top