Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2021 12:26:51 AM EDT
Looking at an Beretta SKU # J9A9F102.

It comes from the factory with a threaded barrel and all the descriptions I can find say "dovetail front sight" but nothing about the rear sight.

Anyone have this gun can confirm that the rear sight is or is not dovetailed?

How do you go about replacing the factory sights with something taller to work with a suppressor?

Link here, they all basically say the same thing, and the Beretta website is no help:
https://www.rkguns.com/beretta-92-a1-9mm-pistol-4-9-17-1-j9a9f102.html

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
On the new 92A1 with the threaded barrel yes, both the front and rear are dovetailed onto the frame. I have never seen any modern Beretta without a dovetailed rear sight. I verified this today on a new one in the display case where I do some part time work.  Nice well made pistols.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and yes it is dove tailed front and rear.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I suspect they only mentioned the front sight being dovetailed because all of them (at least that I know of) have dovetailed rear sights while only a few models overall have dovetail front sights.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input everyone.

Guess I can proceed- hope it's a good supressor host
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the input everyone.

Guess I can proceed- hope it's a good supressor host
View Quote

Be aware it is not 1/2x28 thread pitch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top