Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2020 9:20:42 PM EDT
I’m considering getting a PX4 full size in 9mm. I have a pile of 92 mags. Can 92 mags be made to work in the PX4?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
No, completely different.

TLDR: Beretta 92 mags are based on Browning HiPower mags...nearly all 9mm service pistols based their mags on that, which was NOT designed to accommodate 40S&W.

Modern/recent designed guns were designed around 40, and then detuned to run 9mm. That means wider mags in order to get the capacity for 40 the same as 9mm guns. That means the older 9mm mags, like 92 mags, are too thin/small for those guns.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
92 mags only in the carbine, w/ a conversion magwell/catch.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#3]
PX4 was built around the .40caliber so it has wider mags.  The 9mm version uses ribs in the mag to hold the narrower stack.  Similar to a M&P.  So, no.  It won't work.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:49:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Back when the storm first cam out I made  30 round 92 mag work by adding two strips of jb weld to the side of the magazine. It has worked really well for 10++ years.

Even locks the slide back after last shot.

Looks would be better if I did it today but I was still learning back then.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@fgr39
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
A couple years ago there was a flood of PX4 mags I think police trade ins but they were like new. I bought a pile of them for like $8 ea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top