Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2019 9:13:41 AM EDT
I am searching for a micro pistol to have more to add to my LCPII. I had my heart set on the Sig P238 but then found the Springfield 911

The 911 is $200 cheaper than the Sig but when watching videos the 911 seem to have some FTF problems. I was wondering if anyone has a newer production pistol that has the bugs worked out or if the problems are ongoing. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for info, same questionu

Eta just ordered one from smga - the alpha model,
Will post up a review soon
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the S/A 911 for a steal   The gun is a sweet shooter, much softer than my LCPII. but the 911 does have some FTF's. I gave it a good cleaning and lube and I will see if it breaks in.  It will NOT feed steel cased.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got the S/A 911 for a steal   The gun is a sweet shooter, much softer than my LCPII. but the 911 does have some FTF's. I gave it a good cleaning and lube and I will see if it breaks in.  It will NOT feed steel cased.
View Quote
I don’t have any experience with the 911 but my wife’s p238 has ate everything. Hopefully you get it figured out.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#4]
The one i have shot does hang up every now and then while shooting round nose ammo. The slide wouldn't fully close.  With self defense ammo it's been a 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Range report on my new 911 alpha:
Very nice gun, seems well made and functioned fine through 50 rounds pmc fmj and some xtp and ftx defense rounds,
More pocketable than my j frames, almost as good as a lcp2
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had the 911 in 380 ACP for about 6 or 7 months now.  Have a few FTF in the first hundred rounds but now runs 100%.   The bottom of the extractor needed polished and after that it runs great.  Maybe 500 rounds  ?   I carry mine now and then as a BUG.

Very soft shooting 380.  Wifey liked it so well she wanted one too !    I polished the bottom of the extractor and it has run 100% since day one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 911 380 Alpha model. I went with the Alpha model because I prefer the fiber optic sights, the single sided safety and it was even cheaper. The only down side to the alpha is the grips aren't as grippy but I hope eventually someone will make after market that work with it.

I have like 300-400 rounds through mine I bought it back in the summer. What I found was that much like all .380s there are certain brands of ammo that it doesn't seem to like (I can't seem to remember which brands it didn't like as I didn't take notes. It was only the one brand though.  It seems to like Federal and S&B .380 FMJ so that's mainly what I've used as of late. I found a good deal on S&B so I ordered half a case.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 1:27:45 AM EDT
[#8]
My Pistol has been back to S/A since December 9th. Hopefully they get it fixed up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I have about 500 rounds through my 911 with no malfunctions.  It's very accurate with much less recoil compared to the LCP in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#10]
That SA 911 in 380 looks exactly like my Kimber Micro 380 , wouldn't be surprised if they are the same core frame with just some minor tweaked external features. My Kimber 380 is a flawless functioning shooter   and the 1911 style frame fits very nicely in my hand. While you can't categorize the 1911 380's as "tack drivers"  I can keep 6 shots on a 9" paper plate at 25'  and that's all's that's needed to make the bad guy fall...
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 400rds through my 911 and it has been flawless.  The trigger is amazing and it is a soft shooter!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The one i have shot does hang up every now and then while shooting round nose ammo. The slide wouldn't fully close.  With self defense ammo it's been a 100% reliable.
View Quote
Just sent my 911 9mm back to Springfield for the exact same problem. Except mine did it with self defense ammo also.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BankerBilly:
I've had the 911 in 380 ACP for about 6 or 7 months now.  Have a few FTF in the first hundred rounds but now runs 100%.   The bottom of the extractor needed polished and after that it runs great.  Maybe 500 rounds  ?   I carry mine now and then as a BUG. 

Very soft shooting 380.  Wifey liked it so well she wanted one too !    I polished the bottom of the extractor and it has run 100% since day one. 

View Quote

Can you show where you polish? I’m looking to buy one of these.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Friend showed me his Alpha this morning, must say I was impressed w/everything about it. His has been reliable so far w/less than a box of FMJ through it (not much of a test but it is a data point).
On a whim I checked my local Sportsman's Warehouse on the way home and they'd just started a sale. On impulse I picked up two (I always buy two of any gun intended for EDC; they rotate between EDC & training) of the Titanium Grays for $432/ea OTD after sales tax and 5% military discount.
Love the heft, trigger & tritium sights and it's just small enough to fit my LCP-II holster in my back pocket.
Grips on this model are a bit aggressive, we'll see if I keep them or replace them with something a tad smoother.
IF these prove reliable (testing to commence tomorrow) they'll replace my LCP-II's as my 24/7 'always with me' gun.

Tomac
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm impressed. This SA 911 .380 shoots very well; very accurate (even during rapid fire), excellent trigger and recoil is very manageable (I could shoot this all day in its stock configuration whereas my Ruger LCP-II needs a rubber grip sleeve to make it shootable at all [and that no more than about 25rds per session]). The 911's aggressive grip texturing ensures it doesn't move at all during recoil.
Only put 30rds through each but both were 100%. I want at least 100rds of FMJ through them before I test my defensive ammo.
Color me happy!

Tomac

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top