Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2021 2:08:11 PM EDT
Anyone build a 320?

If so, what receiver blank did you use and what was your experience?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC JSD supply is the sole source manufacturer on that one.  There was someone trying to do a billet FCU but I don't think it went anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IIRC JSD supply is the sole source manufacturer on that one.  There was someone trying to do a billet FCU but I don't think it went anywhere.
View Quote

As far as I know, you are correct. JSD are the only guys that are putting out an 80% frame and jig. But I have seen their stuff for sale from other retailers.

I have talked to them a few times at local gun shows. Pretty good guys

JSD Supply
They also sell caliber Xchange kits and full build kits(minus the FCU frame) but these days most of their stuff is out of stock more than it is in stock.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I looked at the JSD blank and jig.  I think that I will just buy a 320 from Sig.  I can't justify the cost of an 80% over the factory gun.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I watched someone do a P320 and it is MUCH more involved than a Glock 80%.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I watched someone do a P320 and it is MUCH more involved than a Glock 80%.
View Quote

Yeah.  I've done a bunch of different builds and I'm not shy of doing the work. Its just that the investment in tooling probably isn't worth it for me .
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:29:48 AM EDT
[#6]
You can sell the jig after using it however many times. It would probably last about an hour in the EE at 75-100 bucks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I have made 3 now, easiest 80% I have ever made. So easy just make sure your trigger holes aren’t too big or you get a sloppy trigger.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have made 3 now, easiest 80% I have ever made. So easy just make sure your trigger holes aren’t too big or you get a sloppy trigger.
View Quote

Really?  Easier than a P80?
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Really?  Easier than a P80?
View Quote

No milling or anything just a few holes really, I haven’t made a p80 but I imagine it’s not much more difficult.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have made 3 now, easiest 80% I have ever made. So easy just make sure your trigger holes aren't too big or you get a sloppy trigger.
View Quote

That goes for building any type of 80% firearm. I've seen enough 80% AR lowers and P80 frames messed up from not drilling them correctly. Marine Gun Builder is currently working on some videos for building the Sig 80% 320. And there are four articles he posted to his blog.

https://www.marinegunbuilder.com/post/sig-p320-series-part-1-parts-id-drill-guide

https://www.marinegunbuilder.com/post/sig-p320-series-part-2-build-resources

https://www.marinegunbuilder.com/post/sig-p320-series-part-4-especially-the-45-acp

https://www.marinegunbuilder.com/post/sig-p320-series-part-4-build-tips-recommendations-jig-final-prep-for-the-sig-videos

While the Marine Gun Builder forum is mostly about building Glock clones, there is a section for the Sig builds along with other 80% frames/receivers. It is an excellent forum without any BS.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top