BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine was ordered on 09/01/2020 and just came today.  Hopefully my frame rails are good.  So far I am impressed with the feel of the frame and especially the jig.  It is much tougher feeling plastic than the Poly 80 jigs.

Hopefully the LPK I ordered won't take so long to get here!

View Quote
Did you order a black frame? I ordered the OD green presale frame on 7/13 and have heard nothing since then.

The update message on the GST-9 page (dated 2/15) says May 2020 orders will be shipped out by the end of Feb.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Mine was ordered on 09/01/2020 and just came today.  Hopefully my frame rails are good.  So far I am impressed with the feel of the frame and especially the jig.  It is much tougher feeling plastic than the Poly 80 jigs.

Hopefully the LPK I ordered won't take so long to get here!

View Quote

I feel robbed....  I guess like the other poster asked, color you ordered?  I have two black complete kits on order.  Both late June and mid July time frame.  No surprise in my mailbox yet.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did you order a black frame? I ordered the OD green presale frame on 7/13 and have heard nothing since then.

The update message on the GST-9 page (dated 2/15) says May 2020 orders will be shipped out by the end of Feb.
View Quote

Yes, a black one.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I feel robbed....  I guess like the other poster asked, color you ordered?  I have two black complete kits on order.  Both late June and mid July time frame.  No surprise in my mailbox yet.....
View Quote

I ordered the black kit.  The only thing I can think of is maybe I got mine earlier because I'm a previous 80% Arms customer?  

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#5]
If anyone is having issues with trigger reset, specifically- when holding the trigger tight to full fire and racking the slide (or firing a live round) and the trigger will not reset, this might be the problem.
The bend in the trigger bar (first picture below) can contact the rear rail module. Causing the bar to bind and not lift. This will cause the cruciform to stay down and not catch the tang on the firing pin when the slide is returning forward into battery. Apparently, this problem has been recognized by Polymer80, as they have a notch cut out of their rear rail module to alleviate the problem. (2nd picture below, from a Strike80 frame)
The fix is easy- just cut a notch about 1/16" deep in the front face of the RH side of the module. Dremel or die grinder will work fine for this. (last pic)

Point of contact: (just below the point of the o-ring pick)

Polymer80 (Strike80) notch cut from factory:

Improvised notch:

Another improvised cut. Taken straight down instead of making a notch:

Both cuts will work. The last one above takes a bit of rail with it, but only @ 1/16" taken off.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:48:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If anyone is having issues with trigger reset, specifically- when holding the trigger tight to full fire and racking the slide (or firing a live round) and the trigger will not reset, this might be the problem.
The bend in the trigger bar (first picture below) can contact the rear rail module. Causing the bar to bind and not lift. This will cause the cruciform to stay down and not catch the tang on the firing pin when the slide is returning forward into battery. Apparently, this problem has been recognized by Polymer80, as they have a notch cut out of their rear rail module to alleviate the problem.

View Quote
I bet that's the issue I had with a P80 build. I had a trigger that wouldn't break with the slide in place. The trigger bar looks identical (as far as I can tell) to a different one that works in that frame. I don't recall the rear rail supplied having a relief cut to allow some extra travel for the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bet that's the issue I had with a P80 build. I had a trigger that wouldn't break with the slide in place. The trigger bar looks identical (as far as I can tell) to a different one that works in that frame. I don't recall the rear rail supplied having a relief cut to allow some extra travel for the trigger.
View Quote
I don't know if the early P80 rear modules all had the relief cut or if that is a later revision.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was reading the comments on their FB page today (everything they post, regardless of topic, turns into a Q&A about GST-9 orders), and I noticed that someone asked about whether any OD green frames had shipped yet. 80% replied to his comment by saying they would send him a PM, which I thought was odd. Makes me wonder if there is some issue with OD green frames, or they just haven't started producing them yet, which 80% didn't want to say in "public."
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I ordered the black kit.  The only thing I can think of is maybe I got mine earlier because I'm a previous 80% Arms customer?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been a customer since mid 2019.  Numerus orders before I took the pistol plunge.  They had a nice discount compared to the pricing now....and I didn't take advantage of it on the GST-9...
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have been a customer since mid 2019.  Numerus orders before I took the pistol plunge.  They had a nice discount compared to the pricing now....and I didn't take advantage of it on the GST-9...
View Quote

I have bought a few things from them as far back as 2016, but not a whole lot lately.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#11]
FWIW, I finished out my GST-9 today.  Piece of cake.  I'm quite favorably impressed so far.  I'm just waiting on an LPK to come in.  My frame rails fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was reading the comments on their FB page today (everything they post, regardless of topic, turns into a Q&A about GST-9 orders), and I noticed that someone asked about whether any OD green frames had shipped yet. 80% replied to his comment by saying they would send him a PM, which I thought was odd. Makes me wonder if there is some issue with OD green frames, or they just haven't started producing them yet, which 80% didn't want to say in "public."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

80% emailed me an offer to trade my OD frame order for a Black frame. They said they would get me a Black frame within a week if I am interested in trading it. If I don't want to swap frame colors then to do nothing and they would ship my OD frame when ready.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

80% emailed me an offer to trade my OD frame order for a Black frame. They said they would get me a Black frame within a week if I am interested in trading it. If I don't want to swap frame colors then to do nothing and they would ship my OD frame when ready.
View Quote
I'm assuming there was no ETA on the OD frame. I really don't want another black pistol, but I don't want to wait 2 years while they get their act together.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Strike has OD frames in stock as I type this. FDE and gray as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The bend in the trigger bar (first picture below) can contact the rear rail module. Causing the bar to bind and not lift. This will cause the cruciform to stay down and not catch the tang on the firing pin when the slide is returning forward into battery. Apparently, this problem has been recognized by Polymer80, as they have a notch cut out of their rear rail module to alleviate the problem. (2nd picture below, from a Strike80 frame)
The fix is easy- just cut a notch about 1/16" deep in the front face of the RH side of the module. Dremel or die grinder will work fine for this. (last pic)

https://i.imgur.com/MNpaV0Cl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SyZwEEJl.jpg

Improvised notch:

https://i.imgur.com/YoZDaIPl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aAIEcDwl.jpg

Both cuts will work. The last one above takes a bit of rail with it, but only @ 1/16" taken off.

View Quote

Thank you for posting this.  Was scratching my head with the same issue.  Saw your post and put the rear rail in the mill, duplicated the P80 notch, and it works like a charm
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thank you for posting this.  Was scratching my head with the same issue.  Saw your post and put the rear rail in the mill, duplicated the P80 notch, and it works like a charm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/MNpaV0Cl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SyZwEEJl.jpg

Improvised notch:

https://i.imgur.com/YoZDaIPl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/aAIEcDwl.jpg

'Glad to help.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FWIW, I finished out my GST-9 today.  Piece of cake.  I'm quite favorably impressed so far.  I'm just waiting on an LPK to come in.  My frame rails fit perfectly.
View Quote

That’s good news.  I have yet to shoot mine with the new rail to see if it wears less than the original did.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Well mine is finally finished. It is in multiple pieces in the box just in case anyone comes around to confiscate them.
I installed OEM glock lower parts, and no matter what slide I put on it, including my 19.2 slide that has seen I don't know how many thousands of rounds, they all bind up.
Wait 9 months for it, get shitty rails, then get more shitty rails. Fuck 80% arms, I won't be buying anything else from them.
I may buy another poly 80, at least those work, or I will just save the parts for spares.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I refuse to do any 80% "glock" because no gen 5
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I refuse to buy gen 3 or gen 4 glocks because of the finger grooves.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well mine is finally finished. It is in multiple pieces in the box just in case anyone comes around to confiscate them.
I installed OEM glock lower parts, and no matter what slide I put on it, including my 19.2 slide that has seen I don't know how many thousands of rounds, they all bind up.
Wait 9 months for it, get shitty rails, then get more shitty rails. Fuck 80% arms, I won't be buying anything else from them.
I may buy another poly 80, at least those work, or I will just save the parts for spares.
View Quote

Is it the rails binding or the recoil spring?

I find that the channel up front will bind up certain recoil springs.   A bunch of OEM-style assemblies from third parties won't work - really their fault, not 80%'s, as some makers let their springs kink up too much (looking at you Brownells...)
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is it the rails binding or the recoil spring?

I find that the channel up front will bind up certain recoil springs.   A bunch of OEM-style assemblies from third parties won't work - really their fault, not 80%'s, as some makers let their springs kink up too much (looking at you Brownells...)
View Quote

At this point it doesn't matter. The RSA of all the slides are fine on all the other frames.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That’s good news.  I have yet to shoot mine with the new rail to see if it wears less than the original did.
View Quote

My slide came in the mail today, it fits perfectly and slides smoothly on the rails.  No sights, barrel or LPK or UPK yet, but those are all supposed to be delivered by Friday.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My slide came in the mail today, it fits perfectly and slides smoothly on the rails.  No sights, barrel or LPK or UPK yet, but those are all supposed to be delivered by Friday.
View Quote

Upper parts came today.  Other than losing the extractor spring (stole one from another pistol temporarily) everything went together OK.  I'll be damned if I can find that damned spring.  I'll have to order another one when I get a chance.  Now I just need to find some time to sneak over to the range and try it out.

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Received shipping notification today from 80% Arms. FDE frame was ordered 5/15/2020.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Upper parts came today.  Other than losing the extractor spring (stole one from another pistol temporarily) everything went together OK.  I'll be damned if I can find that damned spring.  I'll have to order another one when I get a chance.  Now I just need to find some time to sneak over to the range and try it out.

View Quote

FWIW, I am very impressed by the GST-9.  The whole experience with it was way above the Polymer 80 Pf940V2 I just did.  80% Arm's gig is much nicer to deal with, and the recoil spring block milling being at the front on the GST-9 makes it much easier.  Don't get me wrong, the P80 is still nice, just they could take a few lessons from 80% in a couple areas.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Has any one received the complete kit GST-9 lately.  I am not sure if the statement they put out at the end of March applies to the complete kit as well or just the frame?

May GST-9 Flat Dark Earth Frame orders will be shipped by April 23, 2021!
June GST-9 Black Frame orders will be shipped by April 23, 2021!
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#28]
OD 80% frame, ordered 5/23/20, shipped 4-22/21.

My black frame went together without issue.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
OD 80% frame, ordered 5/23/20, shipped 4-22/21.

My black frame went together without issue.
View Quote

Did you receive your OD frame? Just curious, because I heard they were having issues with producing that color, and it's not listed on their website anymore. Not sure if it was related to the color itself, or just an issue with adding another color to their backed-up production process.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes, I received my OD kit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Got the email on the special color "patriot brown" and immediately ordered it two days ago, its already shipped.
I built one FDE GST-9 already and haven't tried it yet but it looks great.
I'm having a tough time finding parts but at least I got one on the way and a black one backordered.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would not be surprised if they're getting hit with shortages on raw plastic pellets, or if they've had a hangup with additional sets of molds they'd planned on using for OD runs.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

Just got mine together. I like the jig. The rear rail is a lot thinner than the poly80. The front rail needed a lot off work to get the pins lined up. Lot off sanding. Need to test fire but feels good in the hand.jdAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 2:18:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Got the email on the special color "patriot brown" and immediately ordered it two days ago, its already shipped.
I'm having a tough time finding parts but at least I got one on the way and a black one backordered.
View Quote

Link? I don't see that color on the website and would like one in that color.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was a 'limited' edition in that the color was darker than intended. Rather than trash them, 80% Arms posted them for sale on May 12th and probably sold out within an hour or two. The page on their site has been taken down but here's a snip from the email they sent out to people on their list.

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top