Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2018 5:22:57 PM EDT
Why does the CZ-75B Omega have the normal curved trigger, but the P-01 Omega has the straighter P07/P09 trigger?  I really prefer the straighter trigger and would like a fullsize in that config if possible.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The first gen 75B Omegas had the curved trigger.  The newer ones have the flatter trigger and can change from decocker or safety just like P07 and P09's.  You couldn't do that on the first gen Omega's.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one of the first gen Omegas with the curved trigger.

For some reason, that gun doesn't give me trigger bite like my other CZ's do.

I don't know what it is about the Omega action that takes it away, but I like it for a stock trigger. After about 2,000 rounds it really smooths out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The first gen 75B Omegas had the curved trigger.  The newer ones have the flatter trigger and can change from decocker or safety just like P07 and P09's.  You couldn't do that on the first gen Omega's.
View Quote
Yep, CZ is really horrible about updating their website with current offerings. Many photos show the pistols coming with the old 85 style trigger, which just isn't the case anymore.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not sure which version I have, but it has the curved trigger and the decocker / safety switch option. I use the decocker.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not sure which version I have, but it has the curved trigger and the decocker / safety switch option. I use the decocker.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5446/29825079901_75f7219cd6_b.jpg
View Quote
That's an odd beast by what little I know. 1st gen Omega trigger, but the swappable parts and hammer are 2nd gen.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's an odd beast by what little I know. 1st gen Omega trigger, but the swappable parts and hammer are 2nd gen.
View Quote
Maybe they just used up some left over triggers. In any case, I like it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Most likely. Looks nice.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Very likely, there have been other cases with CZ where they make a part or design change in a model and you have some "transitional" examples hit the market during the rolling change.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Most likely. Looks nice.
View Quote
Thanks. Stock and basic but shoots well. Being a revolver guy and this my first SA/DA semi auto I actually took it to a local smith asking about the trigger. He does lots of trigger jobs so I figured he'd have some input. He handed it back and said it was a pretty decent trigger and anything he'd do would be a waste of money. I still find the takeup in SA kind of weird but getting used to it.

Shortly after I got it with cheap AL ammo.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Getting used to the firing Pin Block lift in SA does take some getting used to. As someone who loves a fine two stage trigger in rifles, I feel right at home with it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#11]
CZ seems to like to change things around.

The P09's are on their 3rd trigger style now.  Curved was first, then a sort of 3 angled trigger and now a flatter looking trigger.

I do not know if the P07/P09 (these are Omega action pistols, too) triggers will fit the CZ75 or P01 Omega pistols.

I do know that an older Duty style curved P07 trigger will fit/work in a P09 but you need to shave/file a small amount of plastic from the inside of the trigger guard near the frame as the older curved trigger will drag there before it gets fully to the rear and it'll hang up.  I just scraped my .40 S&W P09 with my pocket knife blade to get enough clearance (the 9MM P09 was fine, the .40 S&W P09 was eating the end of my trigger finger after a couple magazines of hot hollow points, the curved trigger in the Duty P07, with the same loads, was always pleasant to shoot - if you like .357 magnum style recoil and muzzle blast).

If you want to change out triggers, call CZ USA and ask if one of the different Omega triggers will work in your pistol.  They aren't really hard to change in the Omega models.  YouTube videos are a good guide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top