Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2022 1:44:21 PM EDT
From what I have gathered, the 7000 series holsters from safariland crack at the seam and are not as durable as the 6000 series. Are they really that bad that it’s not worth getting one?

The reason I ask is because I want to get a safariland holster for the m18 I’ll be getting soon, but sl only offers a 7000 series for the m18 with tlr7a combo. So I looked into the 7000 and have come across some bad reviews on them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the 7000 series because it lacks the suede lining of the 6000 series.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:42:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The 7 series holsters look and feel like complete garbage compared to the 6 series. I've got a 6 series that is over 15 years old and still going strong. Never have had to replace anything. Even if the 7 series were twice as durable, I'd STILL go with the 6 series.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the 7TS series, especially with RDS and WML. Much straighter out and in the holster and smoother.

Also cleaner looking and smaller footprint.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer the 7ts and have had no issues with it.

Don't do combatives with an empty holster.  If you lay/fall/etc onto the empty holster it may crack apparently.

Other than that G2G
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I used a 7 series for my 19X with TLR7 at the tactical games a couple months ago… Held up extremely well, got beat up a little doing farmer’s carries but never skipped a beat. So far, I’m a fan.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of them had a recall

Recall
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top