Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2021 4:27:49 PM EDT
so I took the gun shooting one time (about 100 rounds) mounted a delta point, a surefire x300 and a dead air ghost. shot mostly standing shots and did 2 mags worth of over-barricade shooting where I rested the surefire on a 2x4 and shot. well, apparently that damaged the frame where the light mounts because the light was no longer stiff and snug but it was now wobbly and looks like it was cracked and damaged. I started a warranty claim process and FN has now had my gun for about 4ish weeks. well I called to ask for an update and they're saying I have to pay to have a new frame put in because they wont cover it. It's a brand new gun shot 1 time and this happened. never dropped, thrown, abused or anything crazy. I asked the CS to have the tech call me whenever he can to explain why exactly it isn't covered. so the tech calls me today and tells me that because i misused the firearm the light damaged the frame and they wont cover it. How can a company that claims to have firearms tested and fit for combat say that this was misused?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
How about some pictures?  A or B X300?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear this. Have heard horror stories of FN CS and unfortunately they seem to hold true. One of the main reasons I kept away from FN handguns was because of their severe lack of of CS. Hope something better can be done, even if its a one-off exception to whatever nonsense warranty they have.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
How can resting the gun on a piece of wood and shooting a couple mags be considered abuse? That seems kind of pathetic for a combat pistol.

Was it baking out in the sun? I remember watching a video with an fnx where the frame got very soft in the sun, but I thought they had addressed those issues with their polymer some time ago.

After that response from FN, I’d be inclined to get rid of it and buy another brand. That doesn’t inspire much confidence. I’m betting you could do that with literally any other gun and it would be fine. Glock, HK, Sig, CZ..................Taurus.

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:48:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw the squishy magwell video a while back, but I've never had frame issues with either my FNP 45 that I've had for 13 years, or my FNX 45 which was a more recent purchase.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#5]
IIRC, didn't FN replace that guy's frame.  Again, pics?  Videos?  Why so silent from OP?  Inquiring minds want to know.  

@jake2212
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:07:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Haven't had any issues with my 509T.

I had an issue with my SCAR16 when I first got it and FN CS was on top of it quick. Overnighted the part in question with no hassles. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOE:
IIRC, didn't FN replace that guy's frame.  Again, pics?  Videos?  Why so silent from OP?  Inquiring minds want to know.  

@jake2212
View Quote

sorry, forgot about this thread. i have no pics but the light wobbles on the rail, which is . ive been waiting for 2 weeks now because their supervisor is supposed to "call me back" since they want me to pay $over $150 to replace the frame.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:03:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:
Haven't had any issues with my 509T.

I had an issue with my SCAR16 when I first got it and FN CS was on top of it quick. Overnighted the part in question with no hassles. YMMV.
View Quote

the CS rep said they dont sell/ship individual parts and that all repairs must be done in-house, how'd you manage that?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Vanquish:
How can resting the gun on a piece of wood and shooting a couple mags be considered abuse? That seems kind of pathetic for a combat pistol.

Was it baking out in the sun? I remember watching a video with an fnx where the frame got very soft in the sun, but I thought they had addressed those issues with their polymer some time ago.

After that response from FN, I’d be inclined to get rid of it and buy another brand. That doesn’t inspire much confidence. I’m betting you could do that with literally any other gun and it would be fine. Glock, HK, Sig, CZ..................Taurus.

View Quote

indoor range, the only heat on the gun was from the gun itself and maybe the supressor, but that cant make it THAT hot. I am 100% selling the pistol and moving to a different brand after this whole shitshow is resolved. I shouldnt have to replace a frame after every range trip. iI'm not even doing tactical ninja stuff or anything crazy. literally over barricade or standing shooting.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#10]
X300 "A" or "B" version?  Tried a different X300?  Maybe issue is with light?  
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]
X300 "A" or "B" version?  Tried a different X300?  Maybe issue is with light?  
View Quote

A version. it's the only one i have.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#12]
UPDATE: FN are a total bunch of scumbags. I was FINALLY able to get ahold of their "manager" and she was mildly helpful. she said they'd waive the labor but still charge me for the frame replacement. it'd been so long i just said whatever that's fine just repair it and send me my gun back. well they said it'd have to get sent to an FFL for xfer to me. I told them that's not true you can just send it back to me since it's just a repair. I then said that I'd have to pay a transfer fee but the cs rep Jackie said she didn't care. I asked to speak to the manager again and she told me she'd left for the day. So they're sending me back my unrepaired firearm and their "warranty" is basically useless. I will never be buying an FN gun again and you guys can be on the lookout for an fn 509t and 503 on the EE.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
What a total shitshow.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 6:41:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#14]
@jake2212
Surefire X300U-A version…
With the “U” or “P” key?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#15]
@jake2212
Surefire X300U-A version…
With the “U” or “P” key?
View Quote

Both, the differed keys have no effect.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top