Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 11/21/2020 12:29:12 PM EDT
I’m at about 1200 rounds through the gun and the last two range trips I’ve begun to have the below failure.

Attachment Attached File

After my second to last trip I gave it a good cleaning, but the issue was worse on my last trip. It happened 7 times in 8 24rd mags. Maybe 4 of those malfunctions were either the last, or second to last round.

Federal AE and Blazer brass 115gr is all I’ve put through it since new.  I’m thinking about trying 124gr on my next trip, but I’ve only got about 3K of that and it goes to feed my PCC.

I already have the lighter spring in it, should I try the heavier or try to source an even lighter spring?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a fresh spring, and use more lubrication.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Man, I know springs are consumable, but I never would have thought it would be done by ~1200rnds. New spring on the way.  We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you try the other spring they supplied with it?

I switched mine up after it stopped cycling with suppressor and no issues with suppressor on or off

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Swapped to the black spring.  72rds Blazer 115 and another 72rds Federal 124 this evening.  No issues.  Hopefully this spring lasts longer than 1000 rounds.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top