Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 1/20/2022 3:45:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunwolf]
just picked up a gently used 503 with both the 6 and 8 rnd mags. the bolt will not lock back after the last round when shooting, or even racking on an empty mag.   Even with no mag inserted I have to hold the slide back and push the slide stop upward very hard to get it to lock into place..it almost clicks.  there is no visible damage, wear, or burrs...
I have contacted FN but have not heard back yet.   anyone else with a 503 have this issue?  thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
well today at the range the slide stop actually broke in two while pushing it up to engage the slide... still have not received E-mail response from FN about warranty and tried to call CS today  but on hold forever... so we'll see.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That really sucks. That being said, it's a mass produced MiM part, so not entirely surprising.

Once you get a hold of FN, they should take good care of you. Luckily, a picture of the broken part should suffice and you shouldn't need to send the whole gun back.

I already looked around for you, no one is stocking replacement parts for the 503 yet so just fixing it on your own is not an option just yet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks...

I did get ahold of FN CS today, they never received my e-mail or phone message...  the CS guy was great and sent me a shipping label and explained everything to me. I actually live 2 hours from FN in SC so the pistol should get there tomorrow. I will post an update when I get it back!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gunwolf:
thanks...

I did get ahold of FN CS today, they never received my e-mail or phone message...  the CS guy was great and sent me a shipping label and explained everything to me. I actually live 2 hours from FN in SC so the pistol should get there tomorrow. I will post an update when I get it back!
View Quote

Pooey they couldn't just mail you a new slide stop. Good on them for being polite about the process either way.

Thanks for the update, keep us posted.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 7:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunwolf] [#5]
Received my pistol back today from FN, slide stop replaced and the pistol now locks open on an empty mag. I noticed that this slide stop is closer to the frame than the last one that broke... perhaps an out of spec part?  anyhow, FN customer service was great to deal with, I know I'm in SC but turnaround time was very quick... the pistol also came back cleaned and oiled...

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the update, glad to hear it!

It is interesting they cleaned and oiled your gun, that was nice of them. Normally they throw in a sticker or a key chain and send it back.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Taskmaster86:
Thanks for the update, glad to hear it!

It is interesting they cleaned and oiled your gun, that was nice of them. Normally they throw in a sticker or a key chain and send it back.
View Quote

yeh I got the sticker  I run most of my pistols VERY lightly oiled or even dry...it came back wet...
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone on here that had a problem with a FN America Model 503 handgun, had any issues with the FNS Model handguns or know anyone that has or had one of the FNS model pistols? FN America put out a brief statement on their website saying while the malfunction is not a defect in the "engineering" of their pistol. that they are going to go ahead and give everyone a free change of the Striker and shipping is on them both ways. It is saying it should take about 3 weeks for them to change the striker and will send it back. I am just curious if anyone has had any accidental discharges with any of the FNS family line of handguns. If any of you have had the problem or someone close to you may have had a problem with these handguns, please send me a private message. Once I can get an idea of how many guys have had problems with them, I promise to show why this FNS handgun has had these problems and just how long this problem has been occurring.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top