Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2021 4:16:28 PM EDT
just picked up a new 43X MOS and I can't swing the $400+ for a Shield  anyone running a swampfox sentinal or a romeo zero? any issues with either?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure you get the right footprint. I..e. the sentinel.

Arguably a better optic than the shield durability wise and a lot cheaper. Don't get me wrong. The Shield is nice but vastly overpriced. Don't waste your time on the zero
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure you get the right footprint. I..e. the sentinel.

Arguably a better optic than the shield durability wise and a lot cheaper. Don't get me wrong. The Shield is nice but vastly overpriced. Don't waste your time on the zero
View Quote

Thanks... Optics planet has the Sentinel for $200 right now...
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got a holosun 407k on my 365xl and love it. 6moa dot. The 507 is 2 moa and has the eotech type reticle
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put a 507K X2 on mine. Did require a small amount of milling to remove the rear recoil lugs on the slide and a hair off the two front ones.

I’m now a huge fan of this setup.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I went with the Holosun 507k and CHPWS plate and I'm super happy with the setup so far.

I did seriously consider the Swamp Fox but I love the reticle on the 507k too much.

That said it appears my wife has claimed the G43X as hers now so if I get another one I might try the Swamp Fox for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm running the Riton X3 TACTIX MPRD and have had no issues. 3MOA dot that direct mounts with no modifications necessary to the slide or optic. Made of 6061-T6 and real glass. The sight also co-witnesses with the standard height 43x sights and has a transferable lifetime warranty. One con I can think of is that the sight turns off after 12 hours. Picked it up for under $150 from BDU.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
507k in a CHPWS plate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top