Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2020 1:07:52 AM EDT
I'm not having any luck. Looking for a kydex that can be configured to use with both pals and a belt.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Any XDM 4.5 9/40 holster will work.

My gun:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any XDM 4.5 9/40 holster will work.

My gun:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/41568/XDM_10mm_jpg-1731877.JPG
View Quote

I was under the impression 10 is different. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I went through the same ended up with an alien gear outside waist band, I ordered it for an xdm 45 I believe. It fits perfectly, excellent cheap holsters.

Eta not sure what pals is, mine is strictly OWB
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Tagging this as I'm in the same boat.

I have found a couple though.  But I'm looking more for something with a retention strap and fitting a regular belt.  

And l see there are now new styles of mounting types that confuse me too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Safariland with passive retention that I ordered for my 4.5 10mm XdM. It's strictly OTWB though with a paddle.  Not sure if you can reconfigure it for your needs or not.

Works like a charm.  Thumb hits the release when you grab the grip.

Good luck
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a Safariland with passive retention that I ordered for my 4.5 10mm XdM. It's strictly OTWB though with a paddle.  Not sure if you can reconfigure it for your needs or not.

Works like a charm.  Thumb hits the release when you grab the grip.

Good luck
View Quote

The ALS line. I decided on that one while looking online last night. It appears all the holsters can be configured to mount in any fashion, i.e. swapping out the paddle mount for belt loops, etc. The QLS quick change system looks neat too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Tagging this as I'm in the same boat.

I have found a couple though.  But I'm looking more for something with a retention strap and fitting a regular belt.  

And l see there are now new styles of mounting types that confuse me too.
View Quote

Safariland has a crazy configurable mount system. I spent an hour or two last night trying to learn it all. Taking a break from it tonight.

I think Safariland has a model with strap retention. Could interest me. I might go check on that tonight.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#8]
@Bumblebee_Bob

Found another manufacturer of xdm holsters in the war belt thread. This model has a second level of retention.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/xst-rti-kydex-holster/

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@Bumblebee_Bob

Found another manufacturer of xdm holsters in the war belt thread. This model has a second level of retention.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/xst-rti-kydex-holster/

View Quote

Great!  Thank you. I'll have to give out a look.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a 4.5 XDM 10mm that I carry in a Serpa. That combo is dividing by zero for most of ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Check out KT MECH holsters. They do a really good job of customizing for your needs and at a very good price. I've got three holsters from them.

KT MECH
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a 4.5 XDM 10mm that I carry in a Serpa. That combo is dividing by zero for most of ARFCOM.
View Quote

What model of Serpa? The only pure I've been able to find is the big one that grasps the light but l don't intend to put a light on this one.  

I have one or two Serpas and don't mind them at all.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#13]
This video popped up in my recommendations this morning.  A several month waiting list and they are not currently taking new orders but l did sign up for notification when they open up again.

Making a Field Style Gun Holster - Springfield XD-M 4.5" 10mm
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#14]
The 10mm is made on the 45 acp version.  The difference is the slide is slightly taller than the 9/40, and maybe a touch wider. I have a leather holster that my 40 fits in nicely but is snug with my 45
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The 10mm is made on the 45 acp version.  The difference is the slide is slightly taller than the 9/40, and maybe a touch wider. I have a leather holster that my 40 fits in nicely but is snug with my 45
View Quote

That differs with what other posters are saying.

ETA but it appears you are correct.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Only way to roscoe a 10mm XDM is AIWB.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I finally found a holster.  

Blackhawk Omnivore without a light.  There's a small piece you attach to the rail and that is what is retained.  There is a thumb button to release the gun.  

$59 at Cabela's.  

And since l used a $50 gift card I've only got $9 and tax into it.  It's certainly worth that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top