Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2022 7:41:10 PM EDT
Back into the 365XL

I will eventually throw a 507k on but want to have some rear sight retaining screws on hand if/when the others strip/are damaged upon removal.

Anyone have a torx replacement?

Edited for clarity
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never heard of that happening on the 365 XL...most people have issues removing them not having them back out on their own
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never heard of that happening on the 365 XL...most people have issues removing them not having them back out on their own
View Quote

No, I’m not saying they’re backing out. I am saying that I want to be ready if I strip a screw when I’m removing them. I’d like to have an improved screw to put back in.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything you need is at the hardware store.  Better? IDK. Tiny screws, mine have not broken, I just needed longer for the dot.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#4]
And if they seem to not want to come out, don't force them.  Take an allen wench stick in the head and torch till it glowing and then try again, had to do that to my sons as it was being stubborn as all hell but mine came out with no effort...go figure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top