Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2020 2:32:08 PM EDT
I'm finally going to drink the kool-aid and get on board with a 365. I have a history of carrying a shield with TRL6, M&P 2.0c, but mostly a full sized 1911 in 45. I sold the shield but a sudden move stopped me from getting anything in the smaller size. I carry 3 or 4' oclock, IWB or OWB, and don't like a longer grip but don't mind longer barrel. I will not carry AIWB. I am not against pocket carry, I hear many do with the standard 365 but I'm having a hard time getting my head around it.

I have not decided if I will put a red dot on my carry gun. I don't have any like that but I know it's the future. It seems like it's financially a toss up to get the 365 and have it milled as it is to get the more expensive XL and module and not need to have it milled.

So I guess I'm curious which 365 should I get? I hear a lot of people are very happy with the regular 365. I haven't seen much on the XL but it looks promising for not much more money. I'm thinking the XL with the shorter grip module might be ideal.

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm finally going to drink the kool-aid and get on board with a 365. I have a history of carrying a shield with TRL6, M&P 2.0c, but mostly a full sized 1911 in 45. I sold the shield but a sudden move stopped me from getting anything in the smaller size. I carry 3 or 4' oclock, IWB or OWB, and don't like a longer grip but don't mind longer barrel. I will not carry AIWB. I am not against pocket carry, I hear many do with the standard 365 but I'm having a hard time getting my head around it.

I have not decided if I will put a red dot on my carry gun. I don't have any like that but I know it's the future. It seems like it's financially a toss up to get the 365 and have it milled as it is to get the more expensive XL and module and not need to have it milled.

So I guess I'm curious which 365 should I get? I hear a lot of people are very happy with the regular 365. I haven't seen much on the XL but it looks promising for not much more money. I'm thinking the XL with the shorter grip module might be ideal.

View Quote

Everyone will have a different answer:  
My answer is to get the P365 (late Production) buy a 12 round mag or a few of them.  Find a LGS that has the P365 and the 12 round mag. Handle it and then decide if you like it enough to take the chance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the 365 first, just bought the XL today. I like them both. Xl is a little too big to be a pocket gun but smaller than a G19.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I've done both, sold my 365, and doubled down on the XL by buying two of them.

It's my favorite pistol for a bunch of reasons but, for your application, the length of the gun is easier to hide than the height.

With the 365/XL, you can pick up that 365 module and swap them, getting a shorter gun when needed.

That's my plan, too, for the now very rare times I need to ankle carry. It's rare because the XL disappears in a belly band under a dress shirt, which is my most difficult carry situation.

Go XL...you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both I like the 365 with the 12 round magazine.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
365 with an XL grip.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Hellcat
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:21:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I have both, if you think you might pocket carry, get the 365,
if you don't want to run a RDS get the 365.
If you're pretty sure you want to try a RDS get the XL and
you could add a 365 module for a different grip option.
The XL isn't just longer in the grip, it has a slightly flared
mag well, mags drop free and reloads are much easier,
if that matters to you, also has a bit more of a pronounced
beaver tail, both of which could cause just a bit more printing
than a 365 with even a 12rd mag, especially at 4-5:00
I've become a huge red dot believer and carry the XL aiwb
daily...
But real glad I have both, the combination gives a lot of options.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the chance to buy either and chose the P365.  I wanted a CCW and it seemed dumb to get the bigger of the two.

Patrick
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Warhawk:
Hellcat
View Quote

Nope...
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I say get the xl. I like them both personally but went with the xl specifically for the slide cut. The flat trigger was a bonus.

If you hate it I don’t think you’d have a problem at all flipping it with how popular they are.

My good friend has the regular and shooting them both back to back. I’d be perfectly happy with either of them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Charlie_Foxtrot:
365 with an XL grip.
View Quote

This right here. I did this and now my 365 grip module and 10 round mags just sit on the bench.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:46:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Krashdog:
I say get the xl. I like them both personally but went with the xl specifically for the slide cut. The flat trigger was a bonus.

If you hate it I don’t think you’d have a problem at all flipping it with how popular they are. 

My good friend has the regular and shooting them both back to back. I’d be perfectly happy with either of them.
View Quote

@Krashdog I got to handle them both side by side at the store the other day. I don't think the size is as different as people make it out to be. They are still small! It made a standard Shield look freaking huge! The flat trigger was nice but the pull was pretty mushy. Is there something you can do about that or is it just the wonders of polymer?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:48:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Ghost-1:

This right here. I did this and now my 365 grip module and 10 round mags just sit on the bench.
View Quote

@Ghost-1 do you carry AIWB? or just have bigger hands. I'm seeing a lot of people talking about the 365 with longer grip but I wasn't sure why that's a popular configuration.

I can get 3 full fingers on the regular grip and 3.6 fingers on the XL. I can't imagine ever carrying with the 15 round extended though, that looked huge.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

@Ghost-1 do you carry AIWB? or just have bigger hands. I'm seeing a lot of people talking about the 365 with longer grip but I wasn't sure why that's a popular configuration. 

I can get 3 full fingers on the regular grip and 3.6 fingers on the XL. I can't imagine ever carrying with the 15 round extended though, that looked huge.
View Quote

No I tried AIWB and just couldn't used to it I also have smedium hands. Since I retired from the Army I have developed that dunlopped disease. Damn stomach dun lopped over my belt. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!Yeah I have put on some weight and I am working on loosing some but it's hard due to injuries I received in the .mil from Iraq/Afghanistan. I found it uncomfortable and irritating.

Seriously though I tried AIWB and just couldn't used to it. I prefer OWB at 3 to 4 to 430. I do carry IWB sometimes if I have to but again it irritates my back if I do it for to long. I was fine with the 365 grip with the 12 round mags with mag extinctions on them. I wanted something that gave me the same grip and felt more comfotabile to me again due to my hand injuries and the XL grip fit the bill so I made me a 365 X. that is the 365 short slide with the XL grip and I can run the 12 round mags flush or if I decide I can either get the 15 round plates or just buy some 15 round mags which I have not really seen a need for.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#15]

@Krashdog I got to handle them both side by side at the store the other day. I don't think the size is as different as people make it out to be. They are still small! It made a standard Shield look freaking huge! The flat trigger was nice but the pull was pretty mushy. Is there something you can do about that or is it just the wonders of polymer?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Krashdog:
I say get the xl. I like them both personally but went with the xl specifically for the slide cut. The flat trigger was a bonus.

If you hate it I don’t think you’d have a problem at all flipping it with how popular they are. 

My good friend has the regular and shooting them both back to back. I’d be perfectly happy with either of them.

@Krashdog I got to handle them both side by side at the store the other day. I don't think the size is as different as people make it out to be. They are still small! It made a standard Shield look freaking huge! The flat trigger was nice but the pull was pretty mushy. Is there something you can do about that or is it just the wonders of polymer?

I haven’t explored trigger upgrades yet .

But I’m with you. Calling the xl “the big one” is kind of a misnomer. They’re very close to each other in hand.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#16]
welp, so far I've ordered a lower and some spare mags, about to order a holster. I should probably go ahead and buy the damn gun already
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#17]

This right here. I did this and now my 365 grip module and 10 round mags just sit on the bench.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charlie_Foxtrot:
365 with an XL grip.

I did the same. This setup gives me a full grip and doesn’t really sacrifice much in terms of ability to conceal it on my person.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Spiff_P239:

I did the same. This setup gives me a full grip and doesn’t really sacrifice much in terms of ability to conceal it on my person.
View Quote

Exactly and I think should have came out this combo instead of the standard 365 grip module.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Exactly and I think should have came out this combo instead of the standard 365 grip module.
View Quote

But what if I’m thinking of adding a dot
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#20]

But what if I’m thinking of adding a dot
View All Quotes

Exactly and I think should have came out this combo instead of the standard 365 grip module.

But what if I’m thinking of adding a dot

You can get a 365XL slide and then all you need to do is run the dot on the Xl slide and if you want to run that on the 365 frame you can or just run it on the XL frame. I'm telling you 320's and 365's are the best lego's for adults there is.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I owned both and recently sold the 365 as I prefer the size of the XL. Now to find an optic. ??
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 4:23:43 AM EDT
[#22]

You can get a 365XL slide and then all you need to do is run the dot on the Xl slide and if you want to run that on the 365 frame you can or just run it on the XL frame. I'm telling you 320's and 365's are the best lego's for adults there is.
View Quote

@Ghost-1 I looked, and by the time I add an XL slide and barrel I'm pretty much at the cost of a regular 365. My I'm thinking I may end up with a "get Both" situation and then I can swap anything and everything.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:01:45 AM EDT
[#23]

@Ghost-1 I looked, and by the time I add an XL slide and barrel I'm pretty much at the cost of a regular 365. My I'm thinking I may end up with a "get Both" situation and then I can swap anything and everything.  
View All Quotes

You can get a 365XL slide and then all you need to do is run the dot on the Xl slide and if you want to run that on the 365 frame you can or just run it on the XL frame. I'm telling you 320's and 365's are the best lego's for adults there is.

@Ghost-1 I looked, and by the time I add an XL slide and barrel I'm pretty much at the cost of a regular 365. My I'm thinking I may end up with a "get Both" situation and then I can swap anything and everything.  

Yeah that is true but if your patient and keep any eye out the 365Xl slides do popup from time to time on different forums and sights. I am going to pick one up sooner or later just to have the ability to swap from running a RDS to not running one depending on what my mission and environment dictates for me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Holy hell, the regular grip is damn near the same size as an LCP! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By fokkfess:
I owned both and recently sold the 365 as I prefer the size of the XL. Now to find an optic. ??
View Quote

The new Holosun 407K will be going on mine when they get released next month
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The new Holosun 407K will be going on mine when they get released next month
View Quote

I've had it (507k) pre-ordered since February at Kenzies, currently claiming it will ship early June..
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I’ve got a 365, an XL, and an SAS. Love all three. If I were only to keep two, it would be the XL (with a Romeo Zero) for holster carry and the SAS for pocket carry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top