Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 5:40:27 PM EDT
Does anyone know of slide revisions to the 320 X5 Legion series?  I have two seemingly identical X5 Legions, both dated Dec 2020 but with two different slide revisions:

Slide Pics

I am waiting to hear back from SIG if there is anything to the changes.

Both nicely finished guns, though both have very loose frame to slide fit.  Otherwise these are the only differences.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've read of some guys getting the newer X5 legion slides that are now tapped for the Trijicon RMR in addition to the existing DPP/R1 Pro holes. Might have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine is February 2020, I'll have to check and see what version I have when I get home.  Did yours come with LCI cutout barrels?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]
They changed the machining underneath to accommodate the RMR mounting holes
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is February 2020, I'll have to check and see what version I have when I get home.  Did yours come with LCI cutout barrels?
View Quote
Yeah, I'd be curious what version you have.  Thanks for checking.

There are NO LCI cuts on either barrel.  So good stuff there.  

bmo419 could be right, these might have the RMR pattern.  Have not had time to take them apart to look and (honestly) don't know the pattern difference to look for.  Would save me buying the adapter plate since I run RMR's.

BTW, curious if your slide to frame fit is loose.  I have read lots are loose and that SIG designed them this way for the reliability or because they eliminated the "pre-tensioned" setup.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine seems to have the narrower feed pawl and the wider channel / cutout.  Maybe it's set up for an RMR?  If so that would be a nice feature.  My slide to frame is somewhat loose, but doesn't seem excessive.  On par with most of my other polymer framed guns.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Thanks Direct-Drive!  

That is a clear and useful pic that explains it all.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude, that is a great pic for explanation of the "generations" of Sig RDS patterns. Answers a ton of questions.

Seriously, thank you!

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#9]

I have #3, a pro slide. Sig should have just standardized it this way instead of the whole stupid plate/sight combo thing.
Now if I can just fine a 3.9" version in stock.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have #3, a pro slide. Sig should have just standardized it this way instead of the whole stupid plate/sight combo thing.
Now if I can just fine a 3.9" version in stock.
View Quote

Yep, I have a Pro slide as well....non Dragon cut.
The whole plate/sight thing was a loser and if that wasn't enough, the hold-down screws come up from the inside !

Sometimes it takes SIG a couple of reps to finally get it right.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#11]
New X5 Legion I was working on this afternoon for a customer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top