Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2022 12:59:58 AM EDT
Looking for options to carry at 3 or 4 o clock in the summer with shorts that don’t have belt loops.  I tried on a friends phlster enigma but appendix just doesn’t work for me.  I carry a g43 or g43x with a rmr and s15 mags (decently heavy).
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 1:17:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looking for options to carry at 3 or 4 o clock in the summer with shorts that don’t have belt loops.  I tried on a friends phlster enigma but appendix just doesn’t work for me.  I carry a g43 or g43x with a rmr and s15 mags (decently heavy).
View Quote

Do you oppose belt loops, or the style of short that would require belt loops?  Are you wanting an athletic type short?

@2PE119
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Sooo....you put this belt on over your boxer briefs so it's between them and your shorts/joggers? Then you attach your holster to the belt instead of your gym shorts or joggers, correct?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I actually ordered the Mastermind Covert but I emailed the company and they basically wrote back telling me that in order for it to work properly I should wear an undershirt as the latex material grabs on to an undershirt for friction to keep everything up.  I'm not planning to wear an undershirt under a t shirt in hot weather.

The main issue is that I sometimes wear draw string type shorts which are hard to cinch tight enough to keep the weight of the gun from dragging them down.

The Enigma is interesting in concept but I can't conceal my 43X appendix, the grip sticks out a ton and I prefer to carry 3 or 4 o clock anyway.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Interesting concept but doesn't solve my problem.  My regular IWB holster clips to shorts waistbands just fine but I need some other way to support the weight of the gun without dragging my shorts down.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Invest in shorts that have belt loops and wear a belt.

It really is that simple.

Or:

https://gadsdendynamics.com/carry-gym-shorts/
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#9]
You need to tailor your clothing to fit your decision to carry.
Besides, drawstring shorts outside the gym just show that you have given up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Invest in shorts that have belt loops and wear a belt.

It really is that simple.

Or:

https://gadsdendynamics.com/carry-gym-shorts/
View Quote

That is why I asked what I asked.  I was going to recommend these.  They work GREAT.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
When I carry my P365 with no belt in gym shorts, I use a leather holster from Braid's Holsters.  There's a holster clip called UtiliClip that is supposed to do well with no belt.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Everyone hates sticky holsters, but i occasionally carry my glock 26 in a sticky in basketball shorts with the string pulled tight. I don't do anything overlly athletic in this situation, but it seems to hold well enough aroubd the house.

I bought a hill people gear runners chest bag just for this scenario though. This summer when its hot and I'm lounging at the cabin, i intend to carry everything i need on my chest. Jeans with a belt for all other scenarios.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#13]
You sometimes have to dress around the gun if you want to carry.  Drawstring shorts aren't going to work.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Add in some old man slippers (worn with black socks when it's cold), and a old T-shirt with a few holes (but still good!), and you're ready for the nursing home.

Any sort of waist holster without a belt had a good chance of either falling off your shorts, or if you have to draw taking the holster with the gun.

Prioritize reliable carry outfits when in the outside world, and leave the gym shorts for home, or at least the gym.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#15]
snip.
View Quote

For what it’s worth, I never wear an undershirt with my Mastermind Covert and it’s worked very well. I wear it every time I push-now my grass or really any time I do yard work.

I do use it appendix though, not at 3:00
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Belly band, pancake holster or have a pocket/loop sewn inside.  Pistol goes between loop and pants creating holster.

Similar in concept to a belt slide
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

For what it’s worth, I never wear an undershirt with my Mastermind Covert and it’s worked very well. I wear it every time I push-now my grass or really any time I do yard work.

I do use it appendix though, not at 3:00
View Quote

I echoed the same in another thread but thanks for the idea on lawn mowing, typically I will do fanny pack or chest pack carry for that but it would be a good test on the Covert.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#19]
ive lived in Florida, Texas, and now Ga. basketball shorts are common for off days but do not work well for holding up a gun. Either you need a lighter gun (LCP-ish) or a better way of mounting it to the belt. I switched to mostly golf shorts with belt loops if I'm going to leave the HOA.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#20]
The smartcarry holster has it's own belt and it goes under your pants.  Normally they show it in front of your junk but you can wear it at 3:00 too.  The grip can go above or below the waistline of the shorts.
https://smartcarry.com
Another company makes a similar product, Thunderware https://www.thunderwear.com
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#21]
snip.
View Quote

My pleasure brother. I used it today as a matter of fact, as I did some cleanup in my garden beds. I’ve really been testing its limits and it works great.

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:49:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. If you want to IWB or OWB, a good carry belt is a necessity. The only other options would be a belly band or pocket carry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#24]

I'll be trying this.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Have you thought about Perry suspenders under you shirt?  Works for me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top