Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 9:16:16 PM EDT
Glock 19.5 MOS mounting an RMR type 2 adjustable.
Using an FCD OPF-G to mount.

Gun will be used for HD/SD but likely won’t be primary carry gun. Will be SHTF/travel gun as well.

Want it to be fast delivering shots on target and  capable of  bad breath to 100 yds if need be.

Questions is how much difference is the 3.25 and 6.5?  

What’s the best of both? What would you buy and why?

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Glock 19.5 MOS mounting an RMR type 2 adjustable.
Using an FCD OPF-G to mount.

Gun will be used for HD/SD but likely won’t be primary carry gun. Will be SHTF/travel gun as well.

Want it to be fast delivering shots on target and  capable of  bad breath to 100 yds if need be.

Questions is how much difference is the 3.25 and 6.5?  

What’s the best of both? What would you buy and why?

View Quote
6.5 for fast acquisition on HD/SD and 3.25 for range gun. If you do get a 3.25 you can turn up the brightness for a bigger dot  Or you can get a Holoson 507C with green reticle...circle dot is GREAT for everything
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
While I know Holosun is great bang for the buck and I have some of their stuff I’m going RMR only on this gun.

Thanks for the feedback. Something to consider as I’ve never had an RDS on a handgun but know it’s the way of the future.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
3.25.  I prefer the RMR06 since you can set it to medium and leave it.  The RMR01 can kind of pic the wrong brightness when in low light and using a light.  

The 6.5 is just too big for anything accuracy wise past 15 yards.  If you need a little bigger like the previous guy said you can turn the 3.25 brightness up.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two 3.25 RMRs and two 6.5 RMRs. I much prefer the 3.25 as I find the smaller for easier to acquire more quickly and the "wobble" of the dot seems less pronounced. That said, either one is perfectly capable for duty/defensive use. I ended up with a 3.25 on my duty gun and a 6.5 on my off duty gun.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Had both, kept the smaller one.  Also if you have astigmatism go smaller just for that reason, less distortion.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had both, kept the smaller one.  Also if you have astigmatism go smaller just for that reason, less distortion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted: Something to consider as I’ve never had an RDS on a handgun but know it’s the way of the future.
View Quote
The future, but more importantly the past. The Trijicon RMR has been the gold standard for almost a decade.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s a consideration for me so thanks for bringing that up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Good catch on the astigmatism....I forgot about that,,,,in that case 3.25 is indeed what you want
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]
3.25 is money.  I too had that question when deciding.  Very glad I went with 3.25.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I just went ahead and ordered the 3.25 Saturday night.

Figured if I don’t like it I can put it on something else like a rifle or my PCC.

Based on what you all are saying I think maybe I made the right decision.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#12]
IMO it’s a personal choice and you can’t go wrong.

I have both, prefer the 6.5. It’s just easier for me to pick up the dot quick, not worried about long range shots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top