Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2022 5:00:53 PM EDT
This group was the first after the sight in. Ammo was Rem golden bucket 'o bullets
10 shots at 25 yards. Speed was just enough to allow the dot to center again. I have a mk II for comparison. Both a accurate!

I am pleased
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent, especially with that ammo.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like my 22/45. I am going to get thread's cut for a suppersor...
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Full disclosure, I used a sandbag for a front rest to get all the mechanical accuracy I can. Then I know if I miss, it's me!
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Tactical?  Excellent choice.

Although I ended up taking off the rail and using an Outer Impact mounting plate for my DPP, to get the sight closer to the bore.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Better ammo ( which is pretty much anything ) will help you quite a bit
Nice start for sure.
Now the challenge maintain that group size at 25 yards standing unsupported with only one hand on the gun!
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Better ammo ( which is pretty much anything ) will help you quite a bit
Nice start for sure.
Now the challenge maintain that group size at 25 yards standing unsupported with only one hand on the gun!
View Quote

I believe in miracles!
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
You’ll love it even more with a suppressor screwed on to the end of it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm 7 months in for a Q El Camino!
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm 7 months in for a Q El Camino!
View Quote

I have an el Camino, excellent can. Super quiet minimal first round pop, only problem ( common to all 22 cans) is it is hard to clean if you don’t stay on top of it
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Just picked up my Hydra SS after 8 months.  I'm trying different potions on the baffles to see if one makes clean up significantly easier.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have an el Camino, excellent can. Super quiet minimal first round pop, only problem ( common to all 22 cans) is it is hard to clean if you don’t stay on top of it
View Quote

This will be my first suppressor. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I run a 22/45 mk3 with a Venom…. It eats bout anything… I’ve run a bucket of Rem Gold bullets thru it and it Loves them when most would just as soon toss them under a snowy wheel for traction. Wish I could find them for $65/a bucket Now!!!!

Bout 3/4 thru the wait for a GSL suppressor for it…. ??.  

H
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I run a 22/45 mk3 with a Venom. It eats bout anything I've run a bucket of Rem Gold bullets thru it and it Loves them when most would just as soon toss them under a snowy wheel for traction. Wish I could find them for $65/a bucket Now!!!!

Bout 3/4 thru the wait for a GSL suppressor for it. .  

H
View Quote
Mine is, too. It amazes me how reliable it is. My dad's Colt Rail Gun .22 is the only other .22 pistol I've shot that's as reliable.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd be happy as a pig in sh.. with those results, especially for a new gun.  My current Ruger .22s are metal-framed MKIIIs, but I suggest you see if Volquartsen sells a sear and adjustable trigger for you particular model; the sear will make a bigger difference and works with the factory trigger on MKIIIs.

Back when I shot the most, the Federal 550 round value packs sold for $10.  Sometimes I'd go though a box during a single range trip.  

Thanks for posting!

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Already looking into Volquartsen or Tandem Cross trigger parts for an upgrade. Are both companies pretty much equal?. Stock trigger pull is right at 4.5 lbs with some creep. I'm looking for a clean break and 3lbs or so pull weight.
Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I went with a Tandemkross flat face trigger and Volquartsen internals on my MKIV.  Night/day difference compared to stock and it got rid of the grit/creep.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Already looking into Volquartsen or Tandem Cross trigger parts for an upgrade. Are both companies pretty much equal?. Stock trigger pull is right at 4.5 lbs with some creep. I'm looking for a clean break and 3lbs or so pull weight.
Thank you!
View Quote

I haven't used any Tandem Cross parts, but have only read good thing about them on rimfirecetral.com.  The VQ parts are great; the trigger is curved and wider and has pre and overtravel adjustment (use thread locker, and you may need to grind/trim the back end of a screw). I never measured the trigger pull weight, but it's a considerable improvement over stock, and for the price I paid, a no brainer.  The 4.5" MKIII Hunter runs like a sewing machine. The parts aren't that expensive, but these days I go so little to the range that I want to maximize my fun when I'm there.  

Good luck!

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I went with a Tandemkross flat face trigger and Volquartsen internals on my MKIV.  Night/day difference compared to stock and it got rid of the grit/creep.  
https://i.ibb.co/PgR8d4b/35-AACE4-A-C076-4733-AC66-915-A858-B3-E68.jpg
View Quote

NICE set up! Which model Holosun are you running?
thx

dan
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Love my 22/45, have a sparrow on it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

thx

dan
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.ibb.co/PgR8d4b/35-AACE4-A-C076-4733-AC66-915-A858-B3-E68.jpg

thx

dan

Thanks.   It’s a 407C.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thank you!
View Quote

Got the VQ trigger parts, and added the "blast shield" from Tandemkross, which deletes the magazine trigger disconnect and keeps debris off the sear/hammer engagement surfaces.  Amazing trigger.  Highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thank you!
View Quote
@porterb123

I just installed the VQ accurizing kit (trigger and fire control group internals)
For the money it is pretty nice. Mirror surfaces, very smooth and clean. Not super light...a safe weight on the pull, but with no perception of a break point...just squeeze the trigger slowly and it goes bang without it hanging up. Im very happy with it.

If you watch the installation video on youtube its a pretty straight forward install, as long as you are comfortable with tools and have some mechanical inclination. Just need to go slow and pay attention to the position of components as you remove them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm just getting used to the red dot on my 22/45 MKIII.
It seems to like Remington GBs just fine out to 25 yards.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank you! Have not bought anything yet. Working on a P320 right now. I do quite a bit of garage gunsmithing. Trigger work on almost everything I own!
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Bro!

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I love mine. The VQ trigger kit is a great bang for the buck purchase.

Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#29]
My old Mk1 5.5" bull barrel loved Remington Thunderbolts.  Tried other stuff, went back to the Thunderbolts.  The Win. M52B also liked the Thunderbolts.

.22's are funny.  Got to find what they function and shoot nice groups with.

We used to squirrel hunt with our .22 pistols.  I used my Ruger and my buddy used a nice High Standard match/target pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top