Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2022 2:31:50 PM EDT
I just picked up a 22/45 Tactical for a combination plinking and IR/NVG critter dispatcher. I'd like to keep the dot 2moa but 2-4moa dot is doable

I'm trying to find the lowest mount optic options. I'm kind of struggling finding an optic with a low mount to fit the existing rail. I'm kind of thinking an MRO. Holosun with AEM low mount is also an option.

The other option is removing the rail and using a madmacs low mount for a holosun or something similar. I kind of like the rail though for ease of putting something else on like my Sig thermal.

Primary Arms has an upcoming optic that looks interesting too. I thought i'd see if anyone else found a combo that I hadn't seen sifting through the archives here.

Optics Requirements Cliff Notes:
  • 2-4moa w/2moa being desired the most
  • NVG capable
  • Lowest profile possible using the existing 22/45 tactical rail but will consider other options without the rail
  • no real budget options at this time so I'll consider anything to figure out the best value to me
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Get rid of the rail and install a Maddmacs center mount drilled to fit the optic of your choice. This one is with a Sig Romeo, which is NV compatible.

http://maddmacsprecisiontactical.com/sigtrade-romeo.html
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a MadMacc and Lobos Industries Mount on my MKIV tactical.
To me the quality and looks of the Lobos was a lot better.  The MadMacc mount I got looks like it was spray painted in someones garage.  Another plus of the Lobos mount was the price.  Only downside is it's usually out of stock so you'd have to sign up for EM notificattion.  To me it's well worth the wait.

I’m using a Holosun 407c and 507k.

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:40:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a MadMacc and Lobos Industries Mount on my MKIV tactical.
To me the quality and looks of the Lobos was a lot better.  The MadMacc mount I got looks like it was spray painted in someones garage.  Another plus of the Lobos mount was the price.  Only downside is it's usually out of stock so you'd have to sign up for EM notificattion.  To me it's well worth the wait.

I’m using a Holosun 407c and 507k.
https://i.ibb.co/njTSFfV/35-AACE4-A-C076-4733-AC66-915-A858-B3-E68.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/f1TtZfV/B3-D05-B02-532-A-4532-8-DF7-782-E58-AD154-D.jpg
View Quote

Kinda off topic, but how are you liking the CGS Siren?  I'm debating on one for my 22/45 Lite.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The Siren is a great can and I love it.  I’ve noticed on pistols with 3.5” or shorter barrels there is noticeable FRP.  That’s probably the only negative with it.  Should work nicely with your 22/45.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Height of optic didn't matter much.

Mines a plinking pistol and its great at that.  With stock mount it sits .25" higher than I'd like, but so far I haven't died yet.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I lucked out and got a lobos mount. I just couldn't pay over 60%+ what I got the gun for just for a plate from madmacs. $290 is pretty nuts.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I lucked out and got a lobos mount. I just couldn't pay over 60%+ what I got the gun for just for a plate from madmacs. $290 is pretty nuts.
View Quote

FYI, that price is with the Sig Romeo.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

FYI, that price is with the Sig Romeo.
View Quote
I just realized that after looking again. For some reason on their holosun page it doesn't show the plate only.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I went with maddmacs and a Burris. Love this little gun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Trijicon SRO 2.5 MOA dot in a Trijicon quick release mount on a 22/45 tactical.  That height over bore though.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I've used both Maddac and Lobos - I like the look of the Lobos better.  I stripped out a Maddmac mount.  But you should buy a spare bolt from Volq on ebay, and then ship it to him and have him install his extended bolt knob.  That thing is sweet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Trijicon RMR06 w/ Rm33 mount

3.25moa dot, adjustable and nv compatible.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Lobos is the way. I like MM's stuff, but the Lobos mount is as good as it gets

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread has my interest. Question, with any of these setups, are the iron sights still usable with the optic still mounted?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This thread has my interest. Question, with any of these setups, are the iron sights still usable with the optic still mounted?
View Quote

I have the exact same question

This is going to be a pistol for new shooters and training, so I'd like ability to use irons and red dot
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have both Mad Macs and a Lobos.  Neither setup provides a cowitness with iron sights.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 12:14:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Do either these mounts mar the finish once removed? I have a RM09 collecting dust was thinking about putting it on my mk4 hunter but I’m not sure I’m going to like it. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do either these mounts mar the finish once removed? I have a RM09 collecting dust was thinking about putting it on my mk4 hunter but I’m not sure I’m going to like it. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

So long as you mount them properly, they shouldn't.  They're cut to fit the contour of the barrel/receiver and all.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Another vote for Lobo's mount.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Another Lobo’s mount.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So long as you mount them properly, they shouldn't.  They're cut to fit the contour of the barrel/receiver and all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve had contoured mounts leave marks before, was hoping someone who has removed theirs or changed them out might have noticed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#22]
>>I lucked out and got a lobos mount<<

Still waiting for them to come into stock, which is supposedly any day. And co-witnessing on a .22 plinker/range gun is a non issue.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
>>I lucked out and got a lobos mount<<

Still waiting for them to come into stock, which is supposedly any day. And co-witnessing on a .22 plinker/range gun is a non issue.
View Quote
I saw somewhere it’s supposed to be available on the 8th.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#24]
>>I saw somewhere it’s supposed to be available on the 8th<<

The owner herself told me they'd be available on or about the 21st., but apparently not. I sent her a note today but have not heard back from her. Oh well....
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#25]
>>The owner herself told me they'd be available on or about the 21st., but apparently not.<<

According to them it's now going to be "sometime" in August. Not being noted for my patience, I went ahead and ordered one from MADDMACS. They're in stock for immediate shipment. Yeah, they're more money but I said "so what?"
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I just mounted a SRO on my mark IV lite using the madmacs mount.  Real happy with it.  Waiting for a lobos mount to come in stock for it to compare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top