Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2023 11:39:15 AM EDT
I see a lot of posts about appendix carry, 3:00, and 4:00.   Four oclock seems like the grip of the gun is always sticking out, and appendix doesn’t work for me for a few reasons.
   I carry a shield in a single clip kydex just in front of my hip socket around 2:30/45.    There I feel it is strong side, concealed, and also in a crowd or something I can keep my arm down and it is still sort of in front and protected.
   The trick is finding that sweet spot right in front of the hip socket.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I will slide mine around a bit based on the environment and activity I'm doing, anywhere from about a 2:45, all the way back to a 4 or 4:15 position.  I don't hang out in crowded places much anymore unless I have to.  If I know I'm going into a crowded place then I'll slide it as far forward as I can do so & steel feel comfortable.  If I'm going to be doing a bunch of squatting or lifting things then I slide it farther back.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If you set the holster to cant forward, the grip doesn't stick out when carried at 4:00.

With that said, my BIL carries a G34 at about 2:30.  He is not a big dude, but it still seems to work for him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top