Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2018 9:47:59 PM EDT
I've owned a number of Glocks but based upon reviews and price thought I'd buy a Taurus Millennum G2.

As soon as I received it I took it out to shoot and it was malfunctioning.  A friend, an NRA instructor, had no better luck, on the same day, so I called Taurus and they had me send it in.  It had less than 2 mags run through it.

It took them 10-11 weeks but I received it back today.

According to the paperwork included, they replaced the

trigger bar
trigger safety
trigger assembly.

Now I wonder if it is behaving correctly.

Again, my only semi-auto pistol experience is with Glocks.  With them, if you rack the slide you can dry fire it one time.  To dry fire a second time, you have to rack the slide again.

With the returned Taurus I can dry fire it continuously without racking back the slide.  The trigger is constantly available.

Is that true of all Tauruses?

Is this pistol behaving properly and safely?

Do I still have a problem?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe what you're experiencing is the second strike capability of the pistols design.
Before it was repaired it probably wasn't working properly.

The second strike allows you to re-strike a dud/hard primer in the event of a misfire.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
From shooting illustrated,

The best thing about the trigger on the Taurus PT-111 Millennium G2 is its second-strike capability. Should the exposed hammer fall on a primer that fails to detonate, you can pull the trigger again. This time you’ll get a long, heavy pull but a second (or third or fourth) strike on a balky primer.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Do I still have a problem?

Thanks
View Quote
You still own a Taurus, so yeah.  Their slogan should be "We have a Lifetime Warranty...And You Will Use It"
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#4]
So, assuming the pistol was repaired correctly,

the fact that it strikes without racking is 'safe'.

It is its design.

Thanks.

I was fearful to even take it out and shoot it.

I'll do so now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You still own a Taurus, so yeah.  Their slogan should be "We have a Lifetime Warranty...And You Will Use It"
View Quote
Gee, that was helpful, thanks.

Wonder why you even waste your time in the Taurus sub-forum if you feel the way you do?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top