Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2022 6:33:32 PM EDT
Not a for sale thread, just trying to get an idea what this might be worth.  I'm a bit out of touch with the Hi-Power market.   It's made in Belgium and doesn't have the firing pin block.  Pretty much stock except for grips and removed mag disconnect.  I recall Hi-Powers had gotten pretty pricey at one point, but I'm not sure if the new clones coming out have driven prices down.  Thanks for any opinions
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
$87 - $870.    I'd probably try to buy that under $800 unless it's got a bunch of mousetraps with it, box, papers, etc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Commercial gun or surplus contract gun?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Commercial

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Commercial gun or surplus contract gun?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mike92GT:
Commercial

View Quote

Nice. Those are cool guns. Rib along the top of the slide?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, has the rib, no firing pin block, forged frame

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:38:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#6]
New SA clones on internet about 1200 but about 670 in the store.   No idea of its value.  I've had two of them that were tricked out but never liked the feel compared to a 1911.  I just hate the small safety and the hammer is too far back to thumb cock when drawing and has no grip safety.  I pass on them. The HK  VP 9 is far superior.  Most Original Brownings were a high polished blue finish not this matte finish. I had one that was Nickel with a gold trigger and ivory grips about 82  and then I got married and needed money.....

This one is likely later than an 80s production safety is larger and finish is matte.   I wouldn't buy it. The original blue was very nice high gloss.

Like so but with real custom ivory grips
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
New SA clones on internet about 1200 but about 670 in the store.   No idea of its value.  I've had two of them that were tricked out but never liked the feel compared to a 1911.  I just hate the small safety and the hammer is too far back to thumb cock when drawing and has no grip safety.  I pass on them. The HK  VP 9 is far superior.  Most Original Brownings were a high polished blue finish not this matte finish. I had one that was Nickel with a gold trigger and ivory grips about 82  and then I got married and needed money.....

This one is likely later than an 80s production safety is larger and finish is matte.   I wouldn't buy it. The original blue was very nice high gloss.

Like so but with real custom ivory grips
View Quote

This IS a genuine, FN "Original Browning"........and the most common finish for the MkII Hi Power is this matte parkerizing. Most often a grey/black bit some are greenish.

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

This IS a genuine, FN "Original Browning"........and the most common finish for the MkII Hi Power is this matte parkerizing. Most often a grey/black bit some are greenish.

View Quote

Yep. It's a cool piece.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Yep. It's a cool piece.
View Quote

@SSeric02
yep, here is mine.... mk2 1986 If I remember right:
(please ignore the Randall knife )
" />
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#10]
un autre:
" />
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By doubleplusgood:

@SSeric02
yep, here is mine.... mk2 1986 If I remember right:
(please ignore the Randall knife )
https://i.imgur.com/DFNved7.jpg?1" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/DFNved7.jpg?1
View Quote

Very nice; the pistol and the blade.

I've got an Israeli surplus MkII i bought back in 1999. It had the black painted finish, black plastic grips and a small single sided safety.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#12]
The gun pictured at the beginning of the thread is in good shape, and the MKII was sort of a transitional gun, (only made about three years) so there aren't all that many of them compared to other HP models. I think it would be closer to the $1000 mark.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Someday I'd like to have one of each: Mk1, 2 & 3.  

But then I'd want some of the other classic variants....  
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:58:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Andyd] [#14]
The prices on FN High Powers seem softer than two years ago and only 97% and above is getting serious collector interest. I attribute that to the clones that Springfield and Girsan are offering new and with a warranty for a the same price that a worn surplus FN HP costs.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Very nice; the pistol and the blade.

I've got an Israeli surplus MkII i bought back in 1999. It had the black painted finish, black plastic grips and a small single sided safety.
View Quote

Wish I never sold mine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:07:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Punisher] [#16]
1967 T  $1200 purchased today.

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Wouldn’t a commercial mk2 have a firing block? No firing block seems to me to be a surplus gun? My mk2 is an israeli gun with no firing pin block. The israeli asked for no firing block.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 5:46:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike92GT] [#18]
Early ones didn't have it.  
https://hipowersandhandguns.com/What%20are%20the%20differences%20between%20the%20Mk%20II%20and%20Mk%20III.htm

Originally Posted By Ivan1:
Wouldn’t a commercial mk2 have a firing block? No firing block seems to me to be a surplus gun? My mk2 is an israeli gun with no firing pin block. The israeli asked for no firing block.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
View Quote

Mk2 and Mk3 have no firing pin block while the Mk2S and Mk3S have it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top