Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2023 6:16:38 PM EDT
Gun is in 90% condition only a little wear on the muzzle from previous owner deciding to carry it, other than that though it is in great shape. It is blued and also has the 3 Ts. Anyone have an idea on the value?
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
"A little muzzle wear" shouldn't knock it down to 90%, IMO.

Barrel length also affects value, but you didn't list it. 2-1/2" barrels will bring more $$.

Original grips? That affects value as well.

Is it a dash model? No-dash? You're leaving out a lot of valuable details, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"A little muzzle wear" shouldn't knock it down to 90%, IMO.

Barrel length also affects value, but you didn't list it. 2-1/2" barrels will bring more $$.

Original grips? That affects value as well.

Is it a dash model? No-dash? You're leaving out a lot of valuable details, IMO.
View Quote

4" barrel, yes to original grips, and its a -3
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say $800-$1000 depending on condition. Considering the Model 19 Classic MSRP is $969 now and is no where near as good a gun. The new one has a two piece barrel system, round butt, frame mounted firing pin and that hole in the frame for the trigger lock.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd say $800-$1000 depending on condition.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]
If it came with the 3 T's from the factory I will agree with the $800-1000 estimate.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Got this 5 years ago for $350. I'd say bare minimum $700 now a days. Kinda ridiculous but that's the market.
Attachment Attached File

Carrying it as we speak actually
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd say $800-$1000 depending on condition. Considering the Model 19 Classic MSRP is $969 now and is no where near as good a gun. The new one has a two piece barrel system, round butt, frame mounted firing pin and that hole in the frame for the trigger lock.
View Quote

The modern guns are better in nearly every way
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That may be your opinion but they will never hold value like a prelock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The modern guns are better in nearly every way

That may be your opinion but they will never hold value like a prelock.

That's true. I'm not a collector. I'm a shooter. Modern k frames are stronger and 2 piece barrels and more accurate.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got this 5 years ago for $350. I'd say bare minimum $700 now a days. Kinda ridiculous but that's the market.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/IMG_20220509_133943_2_jpg-2802194.JPG
Carrying it as we speak actually
View Quote

was at the range two days ago with my buddy.  He actually has an FFL and does some kitchen table trade.  Anyway he was shooting my older S&W model 63 kit gun.   He liked it and said he wanted to pick one up and asked me what a used one similar to mine would go for.  I spit balled $600-900 for a no lock 4” kit gun.  He scoffed at spending that kind of coin on a .22 and said he’d not spend that kind of coin.  

Yea there are deals out there but not that many.   He actually has more opportunity than most with his license but he really isn’t an active buyer.

On top of the stupid locks on the DA revolvers I just don’t like the really cheap looking grips on the 66 4”.  I may break down and buy a lock 66 one day but I have yet to do so.  

I am going to thin out my collection of things I don’t want to keep.   Going to put some for sale cards up at the club bulletin board.  Python  blued 1961 4”  for $2k, 4” Model 28 for $1k and maybe the 6” 586.   Perhaps high prices but that’s the reason to try the club first.  Get my prices instead of fickle auction price and not pay extra to ship and insure, then have someone complain that there is a tiny rust pit under the grip that I missed or something.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I still have the 6 inch pinned and recessed blued target hammer, and trigger 19 I bought new  in 1974 , I had a trigger job on it when new . It IMHO is as good as it gets ,and the bluing is done to a level that is beyond anything Smith and Wesson offers anymore . I have shot few magnums through it ,and mostly  shoot 38 wad cutters through it. It is slick and accurate ,and will never sell it. I also have a late 1980s 686 and 629 ,and a 500 I bought in 2004 , and prefer the old 19 over any of these . The pined  and recessed K framed 19 is an outstanding revolver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top