Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2022 11:01:23 PM EDT
About three weeks ago I posted that I had a chance to buy this 1943 Walther P38. Frankly didn’t know much about this gun at the time and I appreciate everyone that chimed in and gave info. Seller texted me his morning and accepted my second offer of $700. I picked it up this afternoon.

I plan to give it a good cleaning and find a nice home for it in the safe. Should I treat the holster leather with anything? I think it’s had some repairs. Have heard not to store it in the holster? Honestly, I may shoot it once and then put it away for history.

Here some pics! Enjoy!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice. I'd use something mild like Bicks on the holster. Doesn't cause discoloration but keeps the leather nice and supple.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good. A stacked code AC43 is rarer then the straight line code.

You can store in holster if you put the pistol in a silicone gun cloth. I use BlackRock Leather paste on my holsters.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
@scdigger

For your leather...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1812654241

or

https://pecard.com/shop/antique/antique-leather-dressing/

I'd go with Pecard in your case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top