Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2018 10:09:33 PM EDT
Trying to learn about Lugers before purchasing one. How much would the value be decreased by having mismatched serial numbers. Overall condition of this Luger appears to be very good. I just need a good shooter at this point; not a valuable collector Luger.

Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I think shooters run in the $600-800 range.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 2:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I would say more like $800-$1,000, depending on the condition of the gun, especially the barrel.  While it might not be collectible it could still be a good shooting gun for many years to come.

How much is the owner asking for it?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would say more like $800-$1,000, depending on the condition of the gun, especially the barrel.  While it might not be collectible it could still be a good shooting gun for many years to come.

How much is the owner asking for it?
View Quote
$1,199 which I think is too much.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Worse condition mismatch Lugers in 9mm are selling for over $1000 on GB, despite what everybody on the internet forums says. Once in a while you can get a good deal, but they seem to have enough demand that cheap Lugers are still rare.

Quoted:

View Quote
I sold a no numbers matching 1918 mixmaster in worse condition for $1200 plus shipping within the first 24 hours of it being listed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Shooters are $7-900 depending on the originality of the blue on the parts. The only thing that one has going for it is the magazine "if the tube is good" being worth an extra $75-150.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:06:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Worse condition mismatch Lugers in 9mm are selling for over $1000 on GB, despite what everybody on the internet forums says. Once in a while you can get a good deal, but they seem to have enough demand that cheap Lugers are still rare.

I sold a no numbers matching 1918 mixmaster in worse condition for $1200 plus shipping within the first 24 hours of it being listed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the reason Lugers (as well as other collectibles) are going for high prices is the strong economy.  People have money and they're willing to spend it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top