Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2022 7:26:07 PM EDT
Trying to decide on a gun to purchase and would like some advice. First, live in Washington State we are limited to 10 rounds, that really cuts it down.

Somewhat partial to Springfield Armory but not absolutely stuck on them. Looking for about 4 1/2" barrel, red dot capable, prefer threaded for a suppressor or at least a gun that could be converted, and not a huge wait on availability, month or 2. Price range hopefully not over 1k. Thanks

Forgot, 9 mm
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Dan Wesson
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Same.  Find a DW
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#3]
You really can't go wrong with a Colt.  9mm models work great with 10 round mags.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Are there any cut for a dot ?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Just looked at Colt don't think anything is cut. Closest Dan Wesson dealer is 350 miles away, would like to keep it around $1,000 to.

Never been a fan but seems many here have Glocks and parts are out there.

Have an HK VP9 that I could convert to threaded. It's a new gun so far, not impressed. It's had 2 mis-feeds and several jams. Could be a new thing or me. For now, not willing to spend money on it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a Girsan Ultimate.
They can be had for as little as $470.
Due to the Turkish currency being in the tank.

Officer size; 3.5" barrel, short grip and aluminum frame for better carry.

It has everything you want, except the threaded barrel.
Adding one will get you to the desired 4" barrel OAL.

The GU barrels and frame in 9mm are ramped like Springfield,  45acp has the classic Colt Commander/Officers layout.

Take the money you save, and concentrate on getting a quality suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#7]
i just bought a bul 9mm for$800 local. very nice for the money. I dont know if you will find anything at that price optics ready
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Optic cuts are still not very mainstream on 1911’s so that will limit you greatly. I am not a red dot guy, so don’t know what is out there in that regard.
Same for threaded barrels- there may be some that come that way, but likely a spare fitted barrel is in order- this is likely not a drop in part like in modern guns.

For both optic cut and threaded barrel, I think you will end up well north of a grand I suspect
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#9]
DW or Springfield...

I've had the best luck with SA in regards to quality to money ratio...I am saving up for an Emissary 9mm...

I've had Colts, WCs and STIs...Colt Rail Gun is one fine piece of machine too...

I think STIs are overrated....and I wassn't too impressed with WC...it had about the same feel as my TRP did...
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
If you have to wear ear protection; what’s the point of a suppressor? There aren’t too many subsonic 9mm rounds that expand well. 45 ACP is already subsonic and has dozens of rounds available that expand and are subsonic.
You’ll need suppressor height sights and you need to decide if you want the rear sight in front of the RMR.

So if you want a commander size 1911 in 9mm with everything that ^^^ Glock has and @ under $1,000.00 then you probably have to start with a Tisas and get the slide milled to your preference and find a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#11]
You won’t find what you want at that price. Give up optics and threaded and you probably can.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Have 2 in 9mm, both Springfield.

Did some mods, but both base guns were around $800.00.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top