Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2018 12:02:51 PM EDT
Can the 45 Colt be user in revolvers chambered for this round?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
11.3x36r seems to taper from .490 base to a .472 neck diameter.

45 colt is straight walled .480 throughout.

Additionally the 45 colt rim is only .512 compared to .555 on the 11.3x36r.

I was not able to find any load information on the 11.3x36r, it seems that ammo has not been made for it in about a century.

Due to the discrepancies listed above I would bot recommend using 45 colt in a 11.3x36r firearm.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Being a blackpowder cartridge I would assume that you just completely fill the case.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being a blackpowder cartridge I would assume that you just completely fill the case.
View Quote
You could certainly try that but what weight/length of projectile would you be using and seated to what over all length? Is the case designed for Heeled bullets or more modern projectiles?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top