Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2018 7:58:51 AM EDT
I got back my LCP from ruger last week after they fixed some magazine issue. They fired 30 rounds of lawman and Hornady without problems.
At the range yesterday, I started having problems after about 50 rounds or so with a FTE every magazine or two with fiocchi fmj and xtp - those were my previous round of choice in my older lcp custom.
I ran about 150ish rounds before leaving. So I ask, should I buy more/different ammo and hope it clears up or send it back again. I've never had a problem before with any of my guns and I hate throwing cash away to determine if this can be reliable.

I'm not limp wristing and am accustomed to the lcp platform. I tried two hand death grip, single hand and anything between with the same results. On a positive note, I'm better at clearing these malfs.

Link Posted: 3/9/2019 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#1]
So just an update...

Ruger QC sucks but their CS tries to make up for it.

Rma 1 - replaced magazine
Rma 2 - replaced slide and barrel assembly
Rma 3 - replaced entire pistol
Rma 4 - exchanged for lcp 2
Rma 5 - offering to replace for another lcp 2

I bought this in late October and its been nothing but garbage. Every time I get it back, it has the same FTE and FTF issues.

Im done with Ruger. Except for their rimfire. They seen to get those right.

Im going to ask for a different model gun but I'm not sure what since I put more money and time into it than what's worth.

Any idea what I should ask for?
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Security 9
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a duty size pro model american pistol in 9mm on the way.

I see what stores are selling them for but what's the average price people are paying for these things?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like there is a slight ring around the brass

I would try Flitz Polishing compound.

I use a small piece of cloth wrapped around a brush, cover with Flitz, chuck it in a drill and go to town.

That has worked for me several times
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like there is a slight ring around the brass

I would try Flitz Polishing compound.

I use a small piece of cloth wrapped around a brush, cover with Flitz, chuck it in a drill and go to town.

That has worked for me several times
View Quote
^This

It appears that the chamber may be a bit rough for the tension the extractor is putting on the case rim.
Smooth out the chamber a bit and your issue will likely disappear.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies but I'm done with the lcp and their centerfire pistols. I have the ruger american coming directly from ruger as a replacement.
I' I'm hoping to sell what they send me to recoup some of my money and buy something else.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm hoping to sell what they send me to recoup some of my money and buy something else.
View Quote
Attaboy
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW, I'll have 4 lcp magazines, a hogue sleeve and a DeSantis nemesis up for sale shortly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top