Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2020 12:03:16 PM EDT
I can't seem to figure out why I shoot my XDm to the left, I can shoot a good group but its left of center. Pistol is the XDm 5.25" with target sights that I have moved right but my point of impact doesn't seem to change. I figure it's my trigger finger or grip but nothing I do seems to change the POI. I'm wondering if the med or large back strap insert would help my issue but unfortunately I but a set of Talon stick on rubber grips on the pistol before I realized my issue, if changing the back strap would help I have no issue removing the grip but I hate to waste it if its truly just me. Thing that gets me is I can shoot my 2 XD .40's just fine as well as the XDs 9mm and any of my revolvers.

So will changing the back strap help my issue or do I just need to learn to shoot?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
trigger finger placement on the striker fired gun??? I shoot Glocks the same way unless I really pay attention to finger placement

I don't carry Glocks for that reason for EDC
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I can't seem to figure out why I shoot my XDm to the left, I can shoot a good group but its left of center. Pistol is the XDm 5.25" with target sights that I have moved right but my point of impact doesn't seem to change. I figure it's my trigger finger or grip but nothing I do seems to change the POI. I'm wondering if the med or large back strap insert would help my issue but unfortunately I but a set of Talon stick on rubber grips on the pistol before I realized my issue, if changing the back strap would help I have no issue removing the grip but I hate to waste it if its truly just me. Thing that gets me is I can shoot my 2 XD .40's just fine as well as the XDs 9mm and any of my revolvers.

So will changing the back strap help my issue or do I just need to learn to shoot?

Thanks.
View Quote
I'd be inclined to drift the front sight slightly... assuming the target sights are adjustable rears only....
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know why, but I do the same.  Only with my XDM's.  Glocks and Caniks, all shot straight on.  I think it's because of the longer stroke of the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#4]
If you shoot opposite handed do you print right of target?

I had an issue with my XDM where it would shoot high. Turned out my backstrap was too big and so it would rotate up a hair when I pulled the trigger. I switched to the #1 backstrap and it was dead on after that.

Wonder if something similar is happening to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top